Latest Job Vacancies at Ihs Towers, 14th June, 2018
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports To: Head, Quality Assurance
- Ensure the identification of business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs; providing accurate, congruent, reliable data and ensuring the information is easily available to internal/external users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
- Work with internal and external customers to understand and analyze requirements and develop business intelligence (BI) solutions using underlying technologies;
- Lead and provide technical expertise in the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of reporting and analytic solutions;
- Support technical development of complex BI reports, applications, and other tools;
- Perform highly complex data queries and mapping;
- Develop process to streamline and monitor and ensure a high level of availability for all critical reports;
- Assist in updates and upgrades of BI software and determine functionality that should be implemented to improve technical/user experience;
- Assist project sponsors in the interpretation and use of results; ensure that data is understood by users;
- Prepare supporting documentation, reports, and presentation materials.
- Research continuously on more effective ways to improve efficient use of tool and adherence to processes.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- Write and submit reports to the Head of Quality Assurance in all matters relating to business analysis.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by Head of Quality Assurance.
- Data Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Solutions Validation
- Computer and Information Management
- Process Excellence
- Business Case Development
- Business Planning and Intelligence
- Financial Modelling
Education & Experience
- 1st Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification would be advantageous
- Upwards of 7 years’ experience in a related field or role.
Job Title: Senior Tools Administrator
Reports To: Head, Quality Assurance
- To ensure that all Network Surveillance Tools and Systems in the Network Operations Center function optimally on a 24 x 7 basis, manage a team of two administrators located in Abuja and Lagos NOC and to provide a seamless use experience to all end users of such tools & systems.
- Drawing up a schedule for daily, weekly & monthly housekeeping tasks (user management, file system management, database management, template management, script management etc.), ensuring that the schedule is followed through and reporting the same to senior management.
- Ensuring that all system backups are taken as per schedule and any upgrades that are required do not hamper normal usage of the tools by end-users.
- Ensuring all changes to tools & systems follow IHS Change Policy & Procedures and are document properly.
- Ensuring that connectivity checks for all the NOC tools are performed on time and as per pre-agreed schedule, recording the same in maintenance database and providing reports to management on demand.
- Keeping an open channel for communication with all end-users for reporting of degraded services as and when they occur and provide prompt support for resolution of faults on the tools.
- Keep track of all escalated / identified issues by means of constant engagement with regional tool admins, take ownership of all such issues and seeing these through to resolution.
- Ensuring that all escalated issues are properly updated into a central knowledge base system with correct RCA and descriptive resolutions procedure.
- Prepare simple, easy to understand notes / articles for end-users for efficient usage of all tools and systems, file these properly into the knowledge base system and ensuring that these are readily available for use.
- Ensuring service continuity at all times and all levels by following established change management processes.
- Preparing high level reports on tools performance, issues reported or identified, progress update on resolution of issues etc. and sharing the same with senior management as per requirement or pre-defined schedules.
- Maintain good working relationship with the tools vendors & contractors, measure their performance, coordinate their activities and provide reporting to the management on the same.
- Provide leadership on innovation to his team in the areas of automation of NOC reporting tools, extraction and analysis of data etc, encourage out-of-the-box thinking and testing simple automated solution to reduce repetitive manual work
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- 4 years Hands On experience in Technical Support or similar role
- 2 Years in Supervisory within NOC/ISP or IT environment.
- SLA Management
- Basic knowledge of IP Infrastructure, Oracle and Networking in an Operations and Maintenance Center, Network Management Center and Network Operations Center
- Scripting on various Monitoring Applications
- OSS, iManager, Netnumen, ACC, Telemetry, SUN Systems connectivity, interfaces and Protocol
- Data Management and Reporting
- Business Object Application
- ITIL Manager
- Written and Spoken Communication Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com in the subject bar the name of the role.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2018.