Latest Job Vacancies at Greensprings School, 25th May, 2018
Greensprings School is an international co-educational establishment comprising of Pre-school, Elementary, Secondary and Sixth Form located within the Anthony and Lekki environs of Lagos State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geography Teacher
The job functions include but are limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability to understand and utilize their knowledge of geography.
- To oversee the provision of relevant and up to date advice and support for pupils as it relates to the subject.
- To co-ordinate the selection and development of appropriate syllabus and courses in line with related resources.
- To maintain full and accurate records of students’ achievements as it relates to the subject.
- Deliver engaging, coherent lectures and motivating lessons to students across key stages.
- Utilize learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons.
- To keep up to date with curriculum change and reforms.
- Develop lesson plans in line with the curriculum objectives.
- To plan for, provide and maintain the physical resources necessary for learning and the delivery of chosen syllabuses and courses (including for example; books, past papers, file shares, furniture, equipment etc). Where necessary, liaise with other department to achieve this feat.
- To undertake, where appropriate, other roles, which may arise either in the department or in the wider school environment.
- Any other duties relating to the job as required from time to time by the Head of School /Principal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of IGCSE curriculum
- B.Ed in Geography, Geophysics, Geology or any other related discipline. Minimum of Second Class Lower
- Masters or Post Graduate qualification in a related subject is an added advantage
- 3- 5 years professional teaching experience
- Past involvement in extracurricular activities
- High Level of IT literacy.Personal Qualities:
- Capable of delivering inspirational and informative lessons to the students
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and authoritative rapport with all students
- Excellent and effective classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with pupils, parents, staff and visitors
- Organised and self-motivated, with a proven record for meeting targets and deadlines
- Have a sharp and progressive vision of the subject and of teaching and learning in a successful and dynamic school
- Ability to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Dedicated team-player
- Demonstration of strong commitment to personal continuous professional development
- Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes.
- Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the five core values of the school:
- Child centeredness
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 6th June, 2018.