Latest Job Vacancies at DevTech Systems Inc
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for Systems
Job Type: Full Time
- DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (The MEL Activity). The overall goal of The MEL Activity is for USAID/Nigeria to become a premier practitioner of program monitoring and evaluation with an embedded learning and adaptive culture which ensure Mission activities strategically align with USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives (DO).
- The ultimate expected results are to strengthen USAID’s M&E system, to enhance M&E capacity of local entities, to improve accountability and the use of empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting, and to maintain strategic alignment with the DOs outlined in the Mission’s CDCS.
- To support the Mission’s activities and reporting requirements, DevTech/MEL is developing an improved reporting tool, Performance Reporting System (PRS)/Monitor, which tracks indicator performance across the Mission’s portfolio.
- DevTech is seeking a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for Systems to lead the implementation of and improve the PRS/Monitor requirements for the Mission, its implementing partners, and with GON reporting requirements.
- The MEL Activity has conducted a comprehensive needs assessment of Mission reporting requirements, needs and preferences for continual improvements to the reporting application and developed a work plan to address those needs.
- The Senior MEL Specialist for Systems will collaborate with a team of application developers and MEL’s M&E Specialists to ensure timely execution of deliverables in accordance with the approved work plan, and ensure that Mission feedback is appropriately communicated to the development team and integrated into a revised work plan and budget.
- S/he will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the PRS and its data collection, reporting and analysis meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, to include all USAID M&E-related reporting requirements.
- Additionally, the Senior MEL Specialist for Systems will provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results which will be a core aspect of the Mission’s Collaboration, Learning and Adapting component.
- S/he will build capacity in these areas of responsibility in the Mission and its implementing partners.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect feedback from USAID/Nigeria’s five technical teams on the functionality of the tool and ensure that communication is efficiently delivered to the team of developers, the work plan is adjusted, and an updated timeline is provided to the MEL team and USAID/Nigeria
- Ensure data in PRS/Monitor are up-to-date, accurate and reliable; update as necessary with changes in indicators and feedback from the technical teams and IPs
- Support the technical teams with data cleaning, data validation, data analysis, and data visualizations during Portfolio Reviews, Performance and Plan Reporting, mid-course stocktaking for the new CDCS, and other reporting needs using the PRS/Monitor platform
- Conduct training for IPs and Mission staff on data entry, data analysis, data visualizations, and how to maximize the functionality of the platform
- Troubleshoot and provide hotline support; maintain Service Log to document any interactions with USAID and IPs to ensure all requests are addressed immediately or followed-up in a timely manner
- Gain familiarity with the system/platform, the IPs, and the data in the system to anticipate challenges and propose creative, efficient and effective solutions before they occur
- Master’s degree in International Development, Economics, Health, or a related field
- Minimum eight (8) years of professional experience in developing and implementing M&E systems across USAID/Nigeria’s portfolio: health, economic growth, HIV/TB, democracy and governance, and/or education
- Strong attention to detail, and statistical, analytical, and visual capabilities for various data types
- Ability to multitask and balance competing priorities from a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and visualize time series indicator performance data
- Strong leadership and organizational skills to track challenges
- Strong initiative to anticipate and solve problems before they occur
- Prior work experience with USAID and/or development partners in systems development or IT
- Familiarity with USAID monitoring and reporting requirements
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Finance Manager, Consultant (STTA)
Job Type: Contracted
In October 2016, USAID/Nigeria awarded DEVTECH Systems Inc. the Support for Strategic Information and Program Management Services (S4SIPMS) Project in support of the HIV/AIDS, TB Program in Nigeria. The Project also supports the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) efforts to make strategic investments in quality programming that yield greater impact on saving lives and improving the health status of people living with HIV.
This award is a response to requirements set out by the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC). For USAID/Nigeria’s Office of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) to accomplish its charge in the fight against HIV/AIDS, the Mission team was tasked with supporting the strengthening of the Nigerian national health system through the use of Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS).
SIMS continuously monitors and assesses sites receiving PEPFAR funding to ensure effective quality program implementation, and the adherence to national and international standards and accountability. This impact would come through achieving the objectives below:
Planning and Conducting SIMS Assessments:
- Support for all data collection, analysis, reporting and quality improvement (QI) needs through the use of the SIMS tools;
- Support the management and application of SIMS assessments per the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) requirements; and
- Promote a quality management/quality improvement (QM/QI) approach to service delivery and processes
Capacity Building for Data Use:
- Increase the capacity of implementing partners (IPs) and strengthen the Mission’s capacity to utilize SIMS data for continuous quality improvement and program monitoring
Synthesize Evaluation Lessons and Analyze to determine Policy Implications:
- Increase proper documentation, recording, data demand and use; and
- Foster country ownership and sustainability for program improvement and services delivery through data use
- DevTech is seeking a local, short term Finance Manager consultant to support the Director of Operations in the management of country office finance and operation activities, while the S4SIPMS Finance Manager is on leave.
- The Manager will be responsible for monitoring country office expenditures and ensuring compliance with USAID and DevTech procedures.
- This will be a full-time position with benefits, based in Abuja, Nigeria. Only Nigerian applicants will be considered.
Scope of Work
- Implement processes and apply the rules, regulations, and procedures of DevTech and USAID.
- Provide oversight and supervision to regional logistics and administrative staff to ensure smooth functioning of the office, including office running and maintenance.
- Manage the procurement process and ensure necessary documentation of procurement processes for goods and services.
- Ensure that assets and inventories are reconciled and updated in all field offices.
- Prepare necessary documentation, review and perform calculations in compliance with DevTech and USAID policies.
- Travel to regional offices to support and train regional staff and ensure compliance in logistics, procurement, and supporting documents for expenditures.
- Ensure timely approval and payment procedures.
- Oversee the petty cash disbursement and ensure proper reconciliation and replenishment.
- Support travel arrangements, including collecting and processing travel advances and expenses.
- Support Director of Operations in budget, accounting and finance activities.
- Support Director of Operations to compile and prepare the monthly expenditure report.
- Support Director of Operations to ensure quarterly accruals reporting and other financial reports to donor are prepared and submitted on time.
- Support Human Resources duties, such as training regional staff on travel expense reporting.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations and Headquarters Controller.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- Consultant will fulfill all Finance Manager tasks as required and directed by the Director of Operations.
- Level of Effort anticipated to be between 4-5 months (August-December 2018).
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing multi-million dollar USG/USAID contracts, including experience in supporting finance, procurement, operations, administration, logistics, and human resource tasks.
- Knowledge of financial software applications (e.g. Quickbooks).
- S/he will have demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of finance and compliance with knowledge of USAID requirements.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
- This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.