Lagos State Polytechnic Ongoing Recruitment – Share & Apply
Lagos State Polytechnic – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian – CONPCASS 15
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Library
- He/She is the administrative and academic Head of the Library.
- Please note that this office is tenured for a single term of 5 years only.
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant should have a good number of scholarly publications in peer reviewed journals
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Technology: in particular, Library Management Software (LMS) and automation
- He/She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills
- Must be registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Candidate must be a serving Deputy Librarian or its equivalent with good Honours Degree and Master’s Degree in Library Science/Library and Information Science
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in Library Science/Library and Information Science will be an added advantage
- He/She should have at least 15 years post-qualification cognate experience, preferably in a tertiary institution or other related establishments
- Framing overall Library policy, personal contacts and liaison with other departments;
- Preparation of the Library budget;
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Libraries of the Institution.
- The Polytechnic Librarian’s basic salary is in line with the tertiary institution’s structure of CONPCASS 15 including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies of each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full Name, with surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and mobile phone numbers
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates, indicating duties
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview)
- Publication(s) (if any)
- Names of three (3) Referees: Employer, Educational and Personal
- Normal Signature.
Applications are to be forwarded in fully sealed envelop to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Lagos State Polytechnic,
Application Deadline 21st September, 2018.
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable and bring the originals of the credentials to the interview
- Applicants are also required to request Referees to forward direct to the Registrar, confidential reports on their behalf.