Laboratory Logistics Advisors at Chemonics International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Logistics Advisor
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Laboratory Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Provides support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, funding and procurement decisions.
- Build and maintain a database of equipment platform and work with vendors to provide preventive maintenance and services to PCR machines.
- Provides technical support to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment, warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provides technical assistance to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Provides technical assistant for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Provide support to ensure that expired or unusable chemicals and reagents are separated from active stock and treated following appropriate procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Logistics System or his/her designate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science, public health, logistics management, or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Management
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agent is required
- Understanding of the USG supported HIV, TB and Malaria laboratory system strengthening
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable and ability to learn and be mentored.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- The Lab Logistics Advisor will report to the Lab Logistics Manager during the assignment.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online