Laboratory Intern I at the Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Intern I
Job ID: 13-9954
Reports To: Technical Advisor, Laboratory
- The key objective for the Laboratory Intern is to support the Country Office Laboratory Team in documenting laboratory activities and profiling laboratory innovations from field office reports.
- S(He) will assist the Laboratory Systems Advisors in tracking and reporting on optimization of EID and Viral Load services, Laboratory Revolving Funds and Accreditation preparedness effort of selected health facilities across the States, among other assignments.
- Create and manage a database of EID and Viral Load optimization activities by working closely with both Country and field office Technical staff
- Help in the compilation of weekly reports on EID and Viral load tests to USAID
- Provide support in documenting key Laboratory activities from across the States
- Profile and report on key Laboratory innovations across the States and Country Offices
- Liaise with both Country and field office teams in identifying key successes and originating draft success stories for reviews
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Laboratory Team
- Report on Number of EID and Viral Testing conducted in the laboratory and maintain a database of activities relating thereto.
- Bi-weekly reporting of LRF activities across the facilities
- Number of success stories generated
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.MLS/B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Science
- Must be registered with Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in laboratory diagnosis of AIDS, tuberculosis and other opportunistic infections and laboratory monitoring of clinical status of people living with HIV essential
- Experience supporting sample management for molecular diagnostics will be a plus.
- Computer literacy and data manipulation using MS –Excel is essential
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online