Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities Jonapwd Vacancy for a Senior Programme Manager
The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) is the only umbrella body of all associations (clusters) of Disabled People’s Organization (DPOs), as well as Civil Society organizations working on disability issues in Nigeria recognized by governments at national, state and local levels. JONAPWD has existed for over one decade, promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs); advocating for inclusive laws and policies; and engaging with all sectors and stakeholders in the society to enhance social inclusion of PWDs. JONAPWD serves as a major institutional hub of disability information resources in Nigeria. JONAPWD’s vision is a society where equality social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Programme Manager
- JONAPWD is recruiting qualified persons to fill a key position at its National Office (for immediate employment).
- This position is for full time employment.
- All conditions of service as contained in JONAPWD’s Human Resources and Staffing Policy shall apply.
- He/ She shall be in charge of management and administration of programmes, projects and activities of the national office of JONAPWD.
- He/She will be in charge of design and development of programme concepts, initiatives, and implementation plans
- Coordinate the administration of programme budgets and coordination of programme implementation activities;
- Be in charge of implementation of programme monitoring and evaluation plans and document project success stories.
- In partnership with program team document lessons learned and best practices
- Coordinate the pre and post monitoring, need assessments, survey, focus groups and evaluation or verification as well as other studies at the project level.
- Provide input on the design and implementation of baseline studies, mid-term evaluations and final evaluations.
- Track and report lessons learned, prepare success stories about the program and share with management for wider circulation.
- Coordinate teams for filing/archiving documentation both soft copies and hard copies.
- Coordinate the relationship between the National Executive and JONAPWD’s cluster member organizations;
- Support on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing area.
- S/he will ensure timely and quality reporting.
- S/he will ensure data collection, analysis activities and regularly providing technical oversight, problem-solving and support.
- In coordination with program staff, adapt existing M&E systems to monitor and evaluate project activities and impact
- Manage capturing data across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Oversee data tracking and analysis on regular basis and ensure that data and metrics in field reports are accurate.
- Write, edit, and summarize field reports to develop quality and informative monthly and quarterly reports for donors and internal teams.
- Work with the management team to identify opportunities to innovate M&E systems.
- Undertake any other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by the National President and or the National Executive of JONAPWD from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- S/He must be a graduate with at least a First Degree (B.Sc/HND), either in Social Sciences, Social Work and/or Development Studies/HR or in a Management, Psychology, Law or Business related discipline. A Post-graduate Degree is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to coordinate while working as part of the team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political, community, and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in disability-based Programme Management; Public Relations, HR.
- Strong administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power point, Ms Word e.t.c.
- Appreciation for confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following below:
- A one-A4 page typed application;
- A copy of current CV;
- Two letters of Reference from either former employee or officials from the NGO sector
- Two recent passport size photos.
Applications should be directed to:
The Office of the President,
Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities,
House 23, A Crescent,
Mbora Estate, Citec,
Along National Judicial Institute,
- No phone calls will be entertained (mails only firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted
- Female PWDs are strongly advised to apply.
- JONAPWD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on gender, race, and religion e.t.c.
- All inquiries should be directed to the office above
Application Deadline 16th November, 2017.