Job for a Waitress in a Hospitality Company in Ikoyi, Lagos
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a newly-established organization, in partnership with a long-standing known player in the hospitality industry is into Recreation/Wellness/Event-Center management with its outfit consisting of a Restaurant, Bar, Gym and Events Centre.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Waitress
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Cheerfully greet, welcome and interact with arriving guests.
- Escort the guests to assigned seats, dining or bar areas.
- Manage/Book reservations and where applicable, take-out orders.
- Ensure the needs of guests are met while they are waiting.
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly).
- Successfully organize parties, events, etc, and cater to attendees.
- Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries.
- Maintain a clean reception area.
- Source for potential clients and market services to them.
- Greet customers upon departure.
- Wait on tables and provide guests with silverware, menu, etc.
- Take initial drink orders and ensure that guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their orders or wait times.
- Monitor table rotation/move tables to accommodate large parties.
- Keep track of which tables are cleaned and available for new guests.
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor guest waiting list.
- Minimum qualification; B.Sc. or its equivalent.
- Hospitality certification is a plus.
- 5-8 years experience working as a Waitress or Hostess in a fast-paced hospitality environment.
- Experience in managing reservations and attending to guests.
- Understanding of hotel/restaurant or other hospitality business etiquette.
- Excellent demonstrable customer-service skills.
- Ability to read and write fluently, to take and follow instructions in both verbal and written forms.
- Basic assessment and math skills to estimate wait times for guests.
- Strong organizational and people skills.
- Customer-handling skills/Patience and temper management.
- Multitasking ability/Ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area.
- Sound physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift.
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person).
- Friendly and welcoming disposition.
- Flexibility/Availability to work in shifts or as required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s urgently, in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com with the caption, “Waitress (Hospitality)”.
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2017.