Job Vacancy at APM Terminals for a Terminal Transformation Leader
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terminal Transformation Leader
- This position at the terminal works with the Operational Excellence programme, being the terminal change agent (“change anchor”), key for the success of the transformation programme.
- The activities are related to the successful implementation of process standardization, improvement initiatives, performance- and operational management systems, including the development of new ways to operate more effectively and efficiently to realize synergies.
- This role is highly visible and considered a talent growth position for senior management position at the terminal or within the portfolio.
- Safety is a reflection of APM Terminals core values, we promote constant care throughout all our operational activities, always strive for higher standards in safety through innovation, and we coach our teams to support safe environment across all pillars of our organizaton.
- The main responsibility of this role is to implement in the terminal the Programme’s workstream elements, as well as to lead and support continuous improvement & lean initiates, whilst coaching the organization on the new Operating System.
- The Operational Excellence Programme is a strategic transformation initiative to drive standardization, collaboration and improvement across APMT.
Our Commitment to Safety:
- Is our license to operate
- Has no hierarchy
- Means no compromise
- Is not optional
- Be the local change agent for the Operational Excellence Programme elements
- Positively influence and actively manage behavioural change according the principles developed in the Operational Excellence programme
- Drive and coordinate the local implementation of the Programme’s elements delivered by the workstreams leaders, including Process Standardization, Operating System, One Set of Numbers and Improvement Cycles (I-cycles)
- Take ownership of local implementation activities using defined tools and methodologies where applicable and ensure ongoing coordination of local resources involved in corporation with the terminal management
- Support mapping of and drives implementation of standardized processes
- Implement the Operating System elements
- Oversee the local deployment of continuous improvement initiatives
- Implement the designed continuous improvement execution plan together with local management in order to reach the desired ‘to be’ state
- Quantify and drive a sustainable terminal improvement roadmap and capture initiatives in a project pipeline that is aligned with senior management as part of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Ensure the delivery and reporting of CI-led and -coached AOP initiatives through training, coaching and facilitation sessions
- Support the adoption and exchange of best (operating) practices
- Coordinate the data gathering and validation for the program KPI’s
- Ensure the local implementation of improvements from I-cycles
- Provide timely reporting on progress, issues and risks
- Continuously review progress and risks according to plans and make necessary changes to action plans to ensure objectives are met
- Ensure to support and facilitate the anchoring of change and capability building within the terminal.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor or higher degree preferable
- Fluency in local language and English, both written and spoken
- Preferably Lean Six Sigma and/or Project Management certification
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience in program management/continuous improvement deployment role and/or significant experience with terminal operations
- Ability to track & trace and drive a project to completion
- Good workshop facilitation skills, with the ability to adapt to local cultural differences
- Results driven with a strong analytical and problem solving skill set
- Open minded, positive attitude and high drive to succeed and break through barriers
- Ability to perceive situations from different perspectives
- Clear, persuasive and collaborative communication & influencing skills
- Travel will be required occasionally
- Proactively addressing problems jointly with stakeholders before they grow acute
- Experience with working in virtual project team and working with external consultants is also preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple timelines and overcome barriers to achieve what is needed
- Ability to work and influence at most levels of the organization
- Strong change management and interpersonal skills, able to focus on business impact and change in behaviour for the new ways of working and thinking
- Ability to drive implementation of new processes and support the organisational changes
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply