Job Vacancies at Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Head Financial Reporting & Compliance (FRC)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Airtel is looking for a suitable candidate that will be responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining the Financial Reporting processes and procedures to an acceptable standard in conformity with all applicable accounting policies including Company and Group policy, IAS, IFRS, Nigerian Accounting Standards.
Other requirement of the role include:
- Standardized and compliant accounting standard – Ensures accurate revenue reporting while building in validation mechanics to report correctly
- Financial Governance by developing and implementing control policies and procedures – Develop and implement financial control policies and procedures
- Effective Debtors and Creditors Management – Identify and formulate Strategies to help drive Collections and Bad Debts performance as well as creditors’ management
- Accurate and prompt year-end financial closure and auditing – Ensure timely completion and coordination of Quarterly Audits with no qualification or material adjustments
- Improved Team Engagement Score – Regular communication and feedback mechanism to foster work balance
- Formulation and effective implementation of the Directorate’s STRAP – Coordinate the delivery of the directorates 5+5 accurately, in time and in line with budget
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Professional accounting qualification (CFA, ACCA, ACA )
- A university degree in Finance/Economics or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Sound Financial Accounting knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years of industry track record mostly gained in International, blue chip environments
- Minimum of 5 years senior level experience of overseeing finance function at National level
- Telecom experience is desirable
- Strong ethics, hands on approach, cultural awareness, business acumen and good communication skills.
Interconnect Long Distance Destination Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5 – 8 years
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- We are looking for a suitable candidate that will be expected to act as technical, business & functional subject matter expert in the area of core network.
- The role holder will also be involved in network implementation of interconnect and Long distance destination routing, capacity monitoring, optimization and performance management, fault and complaint resolution.
- He or She will also ensure interconnect and long distance destinations meet availability, KPI’s & SLA as defined.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Operation & Maintenance of Interconnect and International long distance destination Services. Testing and implementation of Commercial ILD Routing plan – Perform day to day operations & maintenance of interconnect and International long distance destination services. Management and resolution of related incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL
- Detailed and Effective Documentation – Statistical report preparation and analysis; provide the requirements based on the analysis.
- Scalability/ Interoperability / Marketing requirements & Performance Management – Ensure all Vendor Network Equipment’s on the network can interoperate with one another and interconnect partners equipment’s without anomaly
- Evaluate the received commercial ILD routing plan / requirements and plan the availability and accessibility according to business capability
- Daily review and track interconnect /ILD network traffic, ASR, CCSR trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Planning team
- Vendor/Partner Management – Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right.
- Engage and following up with 3rd line support for service request raised
Requirements, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s/Master’s of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science
- At least 5-8 years CS Core network interconnect /ILD Operations and optimization experience (MSC, MSC-S, MGW, HLR, STP SBC);
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G and LTE technologies architecture and standards
- Good project management knowledge
- Telecom experience is a must
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.