Job Recruitment At Action Against Hunger For Nutrition Assistants
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Nutrition Assistant will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to Nutrition Officer. He/she will provide support for efficient and smooth implementation of nutrition interventions at community and facility level under the direction of the Nutrition Officer.
- He/she will be in charge of the mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- The Nutrition Assistants will be required to represent Action Against Hunger and the program within the community.
- He/she will also collect information and data on nutrition at community level through screening and other assessments.
Task and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and trainings during community led nutrition activities.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition(CMAM), Care Group Model (CGM), and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the Nutrition Officer.
- Actively participate in scaling up of surveillance activities at community level to ensure monitoring of situation.
- Participate in periodic Mass MUAC screening as part of routine program activities.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM and IYCF with support from MOH, community volunteers, traditional leaders, religious leaders and other stakeholders at LGA level.
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on IYCF practices, malnutrition, and the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Close coordination all activities in collaboration with MOH, LGA team and other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of National Diploma in Nutrition or community based program with similar experience in humanitarian contexts (conflict/insecure contexts) as well as CMAM, IYCF and community mobilization.
- Be professional, have good organizational capacity, good human relationships, self-motivated, open, creative, proactive, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Have the ability to prepare monthly work plans and plan appropriately for tasks assigned.
- Have the ability to write reports and collect relevant information from surveys, community, health facility and meetings.
- Be willing and able to be based and travel within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Be proficient in local languages (Kanuri, Fulani, Hausa).
- Have a minimum of 1 year work experience in Nutrition and SBCC approach-IYCF and CGM a plus.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Have the ability to facilitate discussions and meetings, coordinate and supervise a team.
- Be committed to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2017.