Job Opportunities in a Leading Oil and Gas Company in Port Harcourt
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a major player in the Oil and Gas Sector, requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the positions below:
Job Title: Commissioning Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The purpose of this position is to perform the essential commissioning management job duties and functions as listed below for Pipeline projects with the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning / commissioning / turnover (commissioning) execution framework on the project(s) and ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the assigned project(s).
- This includes developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- This role directs all staff in all functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project commissioning objectives.
- This position requires authoritative knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
- This role includes responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) Pipeline projects.
- This position may be assigned responsibility for multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega Pipeline project.
- The Pipeline Commissioning Manager will work closely with the Pipeline Business Team, the Construction Group, Sales, Project, Proposal and Engineering Managers.
- This position will be responsible for functionally developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the commissioning execution strategy, schedule and cost.
- This position will typically be the lead person directing all commissioning activity for a project including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site.
- Adheres to and support Leading Engineering / Architecture Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies.
- Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all commissioning activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Ensures execution of all commissioning aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Leading Engineering / Architecture Company policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
- Leads and directs all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the scope.
- Leads commissioning activity during proposals, studies and EPC phases of Pipeline projects.
- Participates in proposal and project reviews with specific focus on pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, testing and hand-over execution issues, field staffing requirements, cost estimates, project schedules, and project risk issues.
- Participates in reviews (including red team and project reviews) of active Leading Engineering / Architecture Company projects to ensure that project performance is in accordance with plan.
- Ensures best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering and including: contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
- Provides functional leadership and works with the Pipeline Business team to develop and ensure consistent implementation of turnover, pre-commissioning and commissioning strategies, practices, and processes across Pipeline projects.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited 4 year Degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and minimum of 15 years commissioning / construction related work in the Oil and Gas industry
- Minimum 10 years turn over/commissioning/mechanical completion experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with commissioning of Pipeline projects, domestic or international
Other Job Requirements:
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules using modular fabrication and stick-built construction techniques
- Ability to develop, implement and manage proposals, budgets and business plans.
- Experience in turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, mechanical completion on LSTK EPC projects
- Functional knowledge of pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and maintenance technology
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to travel on a short notice both internationally and domestically and to accept short and long term assignments.
- Experience in project risk reviews and follow-up for mitigation planning and execution
- Demonstrated leadership skills necessary to achieve business and project results.
- Proficient in MS Office and Project scheduling software.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Job Title: HSE Coordinator
- Develop New HSE Plans/procedures as required to meet company needs.
- Review all existing HSE plans/procedures and update as required to meet industry standards.
- Develop inspection plans and schedules for all company-owned assets. These shall include all equipment located within company premises and at the various construction sites.
- Ensure proper record keeping of inspection reports and maintain a live database.
- Ensure that company assets, equipment and facilities are well maintained to meet industry standards.
- Ensure valid certifications are available to support all company assets, equipment and facilities
- Conduct periodic and scheduled checks on company assets, equipment, facilities and personnel at all company construction sites, including marine vessels and marine bases.
- Identify HSE training needs and deploy training to company personnel as approved by company management.
- Interface with our clients’ HSE teams (major oil companies, NNPC, Federal and States Ministries of Environment, Department of Petroleum Resources, Environmental Protection Agencies, etc.)and provide guidance/positive advice to company management as required for the improvement of company corporate existence.
- Provide regular, periodic and monthly reports to Company Management covering all Company activities.
- Maintain relevant Permits and ensure company compliance with Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) requirements and industrial standards.
- Develop and maintain robust HSE statistics for the company. Publish the HSE statistics every quarter for management review and approval.
- Environmental and Waste management on behalf of company.
- Manage HSE staff and ensure harmonious working relationship within the HSE team.
- Ensure adequate HSE coverage for all company activities, at the head office location and at the various construction sites.
- Provide HSE support to meet client’s pre-mobilization requirements for construction activities.
- Have at least 10 years experience working in the Marine, Offshore / Oil field Industry.
- Bachelor of Science or its equivalent qualifications in Engineering or any related Science disciplines.
- Good general knowledge of construction, offshore, oil and gas field operations.
- Good planning and organizational skills, can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical background and skill for details
- People skills, demonstrate ability to work with diverse workforce effectively and coach and mentor.
- Ability to communicate effectively
Job Title: QA/QC Coordinator
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records.
- Supports the Construction Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters.
- Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan and Quality Control Plans on the site.
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
- Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned.
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
- Supports the construction roles in the management and control of subcontractors.
- Supports and participate to all the internal/external audits.
- Coordinates the relevant Tracking Systems for correct identification of materials.
- Supervises the correct equipment calibration management activities.
- Supports the Welding & Non Destructive Test-NDT qualification activities.
- Cooperates to issue the Welding Procedures (WP).
- Cooperate with the Project Quality Engineer (PQE) to analyses of non conformities.
- Supervises inspection of defect renewal and welding.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Four Years Full time)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in QA/QC.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing large value EPC Projects (Onshore Projects and offshore) in Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications
- Coordinate Test Pack preparation and Final Handover documentation activities to ensure smooth handover.
- Conduct and organize QMS Internal/External audit and ensure close out of all Inspection and Audit Non conformities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the
Application Deadline 28th December, 2017.