Job Opportunities at Greensprings School
Greensprings School, is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months – 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
Catering & Hospitality Supervisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Catering / Confectionery
Scope and General Purpose
- To manage catering operations, costs and budgets.
- To ensure procedures laid out in school food safety program as it concerns catering is followed
- To attend and oversee HACCP meetings
- To coordinate menu planning and kitchen operations
- To oversee the preparation and service of food and beverage
- To conduct quarterly market surveys
- To make monthly orders for materials to the purchasing department.
- To make weekly materials requisitions to kitchen store.
- To ensure the provision of quality food and service, to the requirements and satisfaction of the company.
- To check that food is prepared and delivered in a standardize process.
- Ensure that all ordered goods are delivered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- To ensure that hygiene standards comply with company and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all staff are dressed correctly to satisfy statutory requirements as well as enhancing the image of the establishment.
- Constantly train staff to effect good portion control and pleasing presentation of dishes.
- To ensure that maintenance problems are promptly reported and resolved.
- To ensure correct and timeous completion of all administrative work such as leave schedules, roasters, disciplinary actions, sick leave, daily attendance registers etc.
- Prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes, timely and accurately.
- Prepare and submit material usage reports, timely and accurately.
- Up to date on new trends in inventory by maintaining professional and technical knowledge, attending educational workshops; bench marking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Prepare and submit weekly report on all activities to the Operations Manager
- To ensure no incident of spoilage or waste
- All other duties as reasonably requested.
- To provide evidence of quality check for all receivables
- To ensure safe food handling and storage practices are maintained
- To ensure that food meets required standard at all times.
- To ensure that recipe with approved usage is followed.
- Internal process quality must be followed.
- Manage and supervise team
- To have 90% of customer feedback as positive.
- To ensure that safe food temperatures are maintained at all times (0° – 5°C for cold and ≥65°C for hot meals)
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum HND / B.Sc in a related field with at least 3-4 years relevant work experience.
- Maintains high ethical standards.
- Possess Basic Accounting Skills
- Flexible, Honest and able to “multi-task”
- Excellent Inter-personal skills
- Oversee quarterly market surveys
- Ensure proper documentation of all items that were received and issued. Keep update stock card
Deputy Operations Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Building and Construction
- The candidate will ensure that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner. Consistently maintains a positive relationship with all members of staff, parents and students to ensure excellent customer service.
- She/he will spend the majority of the time supervising the work of other operations staff and outside contractors and vendors while performing general management functions as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- She/he will assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
- Assist the operations manager in the planning and management of the organizations central services such as maintenance, purchasing, environmental and catering implementing best practice processes to increase efficiency
- Assist operations manager in supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, purchasing, environmental and catering workers
- Assist operations manager with staff development through continuous motivation and training; assist with counseling sessions to ensure the team is effective
- Prepare staffing schedules consistent with organizations needs under supervision of operations manager
- Assist operations manager with regular staff evaluations
- Communicate professionally and delegate effectively with staff members
- Coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
- Assist the operations manager in implementing an operations management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe environment conducive for learning and teaching
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Conduct and document regular facilities/equipment inspections
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Monitor maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Assist operations manager in overseeing facilities refurbishment and renovations
- Assist operations manager with department budgeting and reforecasting as required
- Work with operations manager to adhere to budget guidelines and obtain competitive bids on major expenses
- Purchase supplies as necessary using standard purchase order system and proper bidding procedures under supervision of operations manager
- Assist operations manager with recording and monitoring inventory of parts and supplies and appropriate levels
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Assist operations manager in collating weekly reports for the various sections
- Work with operations manager to ensure physical condition of school premises and properties are maintained according to company operating and safety standards
- Assist operations manager with organizing and prioritizing service requests; ensure all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Help operations manager oversee completion of service requests in optimum time
- Inspect grounds, buildings, equipment and other property features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
- Other tasks as assigned by the operations manager
Education and Experience
- B.Sc/HND in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering, Hospitality Management, Procurement Management, Estate Management or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Fully conversant with writing procedures for maintenance as well as be fully conversant with Microsoft Office package, including advanced excel formulas.
- Basic knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Record keeping and reporting.
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem analysis
- Customer service orientation
- Peoples management
- Team work
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com