Job Opportunities at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: North East (Maiduguri) with frequent travel to Yobe state and when necessary Abuja
Context and Background
- Since the declaration of state of emergency in the Nigerian federal States of Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa, the escalation of the Boko Haram insurgency has led to multiple displacement crises, with communities fleeing their area of origin to take refuge in camps or host communities.
- In 2014 there was a substantial increase in violence related to Boko Haram and the counter insurgency operations, consequently creating acute and largely unmet humanitarian needs, as IDPs are cut off from their homes and livelihoods, basic services, kinship and social ties. In September 2014, COOPI began operating in north eastern Nigeria in response to the humanitarian crisis caused by the insurgency, established its operation in Bauchi State and later expanded to Yobe State considering the heightened presence of IDPs in the LGAs of Fika, Damaturu, Potiskum, Geidam and Yunusari.
- The Programme Coordinator (PC) is the focal point of COOPI’s program in the North East of Nigeria. In consultation with the Head of Mission, he/she formulates the strategy for the Nigerian mission and ensures it implementation in accordance with COOPI policies, donor expectation, local and international legislation. He/she coordinates and evaluates all aspects of the COOPI projects, and facilitates the flow of information from the field to the capital. The Programme Coordinator also plays a strategic role for COOPI’s external relationships, liaising with donors and stakeholders in collaboration with the HoM.
Coordinates and supervises the program country strategy implementation:
- Contributing to the design and update of the country strategy by providing inputs to the Head of Mission.
- Visiting COOPI field activities regularly and reporting on problems, challenges and obstacles while building an intimate knowledge of fieldwork realities
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of the program including the identification of needs and gaps
- Monitoring and reviewing the security status of the area(s) of operation on a regular basis, liaising as applicable with local authorities, other NGOs, the UN or other relevant security bodies and keeping the Head of Mission updated on relevant developments.
Coordinates the overall implementation of the projects:
- Ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget and according to COOPI and donors’ procedures
- Taking preventative and corrective action when necessary.
- Ensuring the overall planning and follow-up of technical reporting for donors, authorities and internal requirements in coordination with the support departments.
- Ensuring synergy between Technical and Support services
- Ensuring the implementation of recommendations resulting from internal audit, experts’ field visits, HQ advisors etc.
- Piloting the internal quality control, by promoting monitoring mechanisms (ex: self-evaluation tool), facilitating internal control and external evaluations
Represents and liaises for operational strategy and program to donors, authorities, UN, NGOs in link with the head of Mission:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, donors, UN agencies and other NGOs) and representing COOPI at relevant state level meetings (e.g. state and local government, sector-coordination and security) in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships.
- Strengthening field and capital level information-sharing with IOs, NGOs and Government
- Contributing to the identification of potential funding opportunities
Analyzes Humanitarian needs and response:
- Collecting, summarizing and analyzing information from external sources and from technical advisors for future opportunities
- Supporting the project team for proposals writing (narrative and financial) to address the identified needs.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project formulation, implementation and coordination in the humanitarian context with International NGOs
- Experience in working with different Donors (ECHO, USAID, UN agencies etc.)
- Strong managerial skills.
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background (ex. Sphere standard)
- Good report writing skills;
- Good knowledge and use of the English Language;
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and Reference Points;
- Target oriented and problem-solving aptitude;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Advanced IT skills
- Previous experience in the Region is an asset.
- University degree relevant subject (post graduate degree required).
- This is a Non-Family Duty post.
- Salary and other conditions are based on COOPI’s salary grid.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nigeria
- Job Field Logistics
- He/she is responsible for the country’s logistics and security.
- He/she ensures the coordination and management of all aspects related to the country’s logistics and particularly: purchase procedures, goods/services supply, the transport systems and the technical organization of the work of all COOPI’s field offices in the country, in accordance with what is defined by the procedures.
- As well as this, under the supervision and in coordination with the Head of Mission and in close collaboration with the HQ, he/she is responsible for the security aspects of the mission
Country Logistics Coordination:
- He/she coordinates the country logistics function, both at Country Coordination level and at field office level.
- He/she ensures that the logistics works correctly in qualitative and quantitative terms, at all different levels and in compliance with the procedures.
- He/she ensures the correct application of the procedures – COOPI and the donors’ – related to goods and services’ purchases (including planning and necessary documents); he/she follows the suppliers performance in compliance with COOPI’s standards.
- He/she ensures that the selection process for goods and services and the contracts assignment (calls for tenders) occur in a transparent and coherent way.
Vehicles and Machines Management:
- In collaboration with the supervised staff, he/she ensures the machines/vehicles’ utilization planning.
- He/she ensures that vehicles’ maintenance and repair are carried out and that all monitoring reports and regular checks are correctly performed.
- He/she ensures that, relatively to the use of vehicles and machines, the organization’s procedures and the country’s rules are followed.
Goods and Stock Management:
- He/she ensures that all goods are included in the inventory, and controlled when entering and exiting the storage space.
- He/she ensures the stock monitoring and the use of instruments for report writing; He/she monitors the correct goods’ use and conservation.
- He/she ensures that the correct maintenance of the immovable goods is performed and that the country is provided with rules for correctly making use of these goods.
- He/she coordinates, supervises and evaluates the logistical staff work.
- He/she ensures the training of the country’s logistical staff.
- He/she ensures that all logistic-related reports are produced according to what is stated by the COOPI’s procedures and the Country Regulation (vehicles and goods’ management, supplies, purchases, storage space, staff reports etc.)
- Upon delegation by the Head of Mission, he/she represents the organization at all logistical clusters and at security coordination meetings
- He/she is responsible for the application, the update and the dissemination of the country security regulation at central and field level.
- He/she is responsible for conducting security and risk assessment in COOPI areas of intervention, participating to security meeting at central level.
- He/she is responsible for all goods and organization’s properties security; he/she cooperates and supports the Head of Mission/Area Coordinator about the expatriate and local staff security.
- A Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field as logistics coordinator or in a similar position. Demonstrated experience in procurement, distribution, stock management, fleet management, communications, and security.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
Protection Project Manager, Unicef
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Yobe
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of his/her projects.
- He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of base and in link with the Program Coordinator, he/she:
- Designs the detailed work plan in line with the project guidelines and description, guaranteeing the smooth implementation of all the activities on-time, on-quality and on-budget;
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor, with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the Program Coordinator, finalizes the data provided by the Child Protection Officer, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of the case management activities; in collaboration with the Child Protection Officer, deals with possible cases which cannot be addressed by the available and ongoing referral network;
- Contributes in consolidating the case management referral network by establishing proficient collaboration with the partners working in the targeted areas and actively suggesting gaps and recommendations to the supervisors;
- Contributes and approves the line of training designed by the Child Protection Officer;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners (SEMA, MSWSD, MYASD, NGOs and UN agencies at local level Protection Working Group meetings);
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator and head of base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Manages the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement.
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Master’s degree in Education, Legal Studies, Sociology, Political Science and /or Humanities or any related field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in/with INGO on Protection area
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and report writing
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in designing and conducting training in INEE and Child Protection issues especially in the areas of human rights, gender, capacity building, added advantage, SGBV
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.