Job Opening for a Senior Analyst, Education – CV Submission!
Our client, a non-political, non-governmental organization is currently recruiting to fill the below vacant position:
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Education
Reports to: Manager, Operations & Strategy
The Senior Analyst on Education will work closely with the Directors of Policy and Strategy in the respective Education Ministries across the Region, to develop research, analyze and publish Education policies and initiatives that can be replicated across the Region.
The Senior Analyst will conduct data analysis, complete literature reviews, draft posts and articles, and liaise with Commissioners and other relevant persons to fashion out fit for purpose Education policies across member states.
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Lead the education policy dialogue and contributes to sector policy; makes recommendations on strategies and policy options for member governments.
- Undertake analytical work and lead teams to provide high quality customized analytical and advisory services linked to country circumstances (taking into account relevant lessons from international experience) on issues and policies related to post basic education and training (including reform of finance, governance, teacher policies and quality assurance systems).
- Design and manage economic analysis of education operations, expenditure reviews and other economic and sector work; enhance client capacity to carry out and use economic analysis and impact evaluations in policy and decision making.
- Make significant contributions to regional or flagship studies.
- Forge strategic partnerships and alliances to contribute to the regional and sub-regional knowledge agenda, particularly in post basic education and skills, and knowledge exchanges between member states.
- Employs appropriate methodologies for handling simple and complex procurement tasks and/or issues.
- Generates ‘think pieces’ and ‘best practice’ papers; handles complex technical, institutional and program implementation issues in the sectors; leads the development of proposals; leads the interface with member of governments and agencies in resolving implementation issues.
- Produces analytical and process reports.
- Works independently under general direction of operations manager, and guides and mentors more junior staff.
- Work closely with Education Policy Advisors and Schools Board to gather and analyse evidence broadly on the Education sector.
- Identify creative and strategic opportunities for Education and its agenda in the Region.
- Assist in conceptualizing and drafting innovative policy proposals related to Education priorities.
- Support the drafting sand execution of reports, national surveys etc. as it pertains to Education.
- Assist in managing and guiding Education Policies to achieve a stronger educationally advanced Region.
- Serve as the liaison and link between the States on Education.
Selection Criteria & Competencies
- Advanced degree (Ph.D). preferred) in economics, education policy or social sciences.
- Recognised professional with at least 5 years of relevant experience in shaping education policy, preferably in any major areas of Education – (ECD, secondary education, technical and vocational education and training, tertiary education).
- Strong intellectual leadership, analytical ability and publication record related to post basic education and labor market/skills issues and policy. Experience in managing technical teams/consultants to prepare analytical work for policy development in post basic education.
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Translates technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies; interacts with clients at the policy level.
- Policy Dialogue Skills – Anticipates needs and requests in the field and conducts independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners.
- Education Knowledge and Experience – Possesses experience in designing and managing education projects, and policy-relevant analytical work able to independently formulate country-relevant solutions to complex sector problems, taking into account cross-sectoral linkages.
- Integrative Skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas, how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
- Lead and innovate- Develops innovative solutions with others.
- Deliver Results for Clients- Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
- Collaborate within teams and across boundaries – initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across member states, and brings differing ideas into the forefront.
- Create, apply and share knowledge – Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across member states to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
- Make smart decisions – Recommends and takes decisive action.
- General Economic Knowledge and Analytical Skills – Possesses Cross-country knowledge in economic specialty and demonstrated ability to link the macro, institutional, and micro-level behaviours; able to support findings/policy recommendations with credible analysis and tools.
- Must hold a PHD in Economic related discipline,
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in relevant field
- Age: 30-40 years
How to Apply
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy of Curriculum Vitae can also be submitted in person to the address below:
Jetheights Services Limited
9, Animashaun street, Opp Teju Specialist Hospital, Ajeigbe junction,
Off ring road, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
For more information, call 07031723853, 09062470413 and 08032855176.