Job In A Multi Service Civil Construction Company For Project Management Office – Managers
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a multi service civil construction company. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Office – Manager
- The PMO – Manager shall be responsible for the definition and maintenance of the standards of project management and process.
- The incumbent shall assist with advising managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and act as the first point of contact for any project management queries within the company.
- As a member of the Construction Team and clearly responsible for their functional areas of expertise, the incumbent is also expected to think and act in the wider context and interests of the company.
- He/she shall support the successful delivery of projects undertaken by the company through effective facilitation, de-bottle necking, tracking and reporting.
- Assist and advise Project Sponsors, Construction Managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment.
- Support Executive Director managing resource allocation, including adjustments based on technical opportunities and challenges.
- Assist with establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Develop positive relationships with Project Sponsors, Construction Managers, and teams to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training where necessary.
- Identify and proffer solutions to project dependencies that are bottlenecks to project success.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information, and an advocate.
- Understand the deliverables of internal and external PMO stakeholders and contribute to success through cooperative and collegial processes expenditure requests in line with the company strategic goals and objectives.
Products, Services and Operations:
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Establishes and manages processes that support t communication between construction managers and project sponsors.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO
Financial Strength and Risk Management:
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Contributes to overall profitability of the company by monitoring all areas of Project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations.
- Assist construction managers incorporate strategies for cost efficiencies within their business case and project design.
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Prepare business cases for variations or change order management.
- Timely delivery of all projects to budget, quality and specification.
- Prepares and submits reports as required by the Executive Director.
- Ensures familiarity and compliance with all the company policies and processes.
- Performs other such roles and duties as may be reasonably required by the Executive Director or by any other representative of the company designated from time to time by the company.
- Contributes to the flow of communication within the team, by actively participating in team meetings.
- Optimal utilization of plant and equipment.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Project management certification e.g. PMP, CAPM, PRINCE 2, ITIL.
- Proven PMO/Project Analyst or Coordinator experience and knowledge of project management.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Experience in Construction service industry.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience relevant to Project Management and Project Management Office
- Ability to manage and/or coordinate multiple projects.
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com and kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 21st September, 2017.