Job For WATSAN Team Leader at Solidarites International
Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Team Leader
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Beginning of Contract: 10/9/2018
Contract Duration: 3 months – Probation period: 1 month
Delocalization Policy: Applicable, according to SI conditions
Goal and Purpose
- The WATSAN Team Leader will coordinate a team of Water and Sanitation officer in order to set up the Water and Sanitation activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of Main Tasks
- Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers…)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Line manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Line manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Line manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration:
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her line manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her line manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- B.Sc/HND in Water Resources Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of planing, implementing and evaluating shelters project
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Autocad.
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Languages: English, Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities:
- Team working skills
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (with CV, Cover Letter, references in one single file) in only one file in Word or PDF and only by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org The file must be named with name and surname of the candidate.
Application Deadline 25th August, 2018.
- The subject of the mail must be “WATSAN Team Leader Dikwa”
- Candidates from Dikwa are invited to apply
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.