Job For Vice Principal (Administration) at Infant Jesus Academy
Infant Jesus Academy is a private, co-educational boarding school with students from Nigeria and around the world. The school was established in 2002 as a Catholic school. It is located at Old Anwai Road between the Delta State Government House, Asaba and the Delta State University, Anwai campus in Asaba, making it a secure and tranquil environment for academic pursuit.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Vice Principal (Administration)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage ALL non-academic staff to meet expectations of discipline in the hostels
- Promote etiquette and respect between students and staff (and visitors)
- Promote fairness and uniform treatment of reported cases of indiscipline
- Enforce compliance with school uniform requirements, programs and routines required to maintain high disciplinary standards.
- Provide pastoral support in line with the school’s ethos
- Liaise directly with parents for any areas of misconduct of their wards with intent to counsel and orientate them with the school’s policies and any sanctions imposed.
- Ensure that ALL the school’s existing policies and procedures are adhered to by all stakeholders (staff, parents and students)
- Review and revise existing policies including the staff and students’ handbook
- Produce for the Principal’s approval, new guidelines (in the form of a manual) to support the running of administration including vendor allocation of maintenance and repairs, staff attendances, movements and absences and Boarding House administration.
- Support maintenance culture to ensure school facilities are well managed.
- Engage with all staff and students on disciplinary matters
- Drive compliance with school’s rules and regulations and associated sanctions.
- interface with parents to deal with all administration and pastoral enquiries and promote the school to prospective parents/guardians.
- Team player
- Hard working and able to work beyond normal stipulated hours to support a Boarding School
- Interpersonal and adaptable skills
- Have firm grasp of computer applications and technology in general
- Have experience in drawing up school policies around discipline, facilities management and student and staff matters
- 10-15 years working experience in an International school with a population of at least 400 students
- A fully qualified teacher with a minimum of 10 years teaching experience, but part of the Senior Management team
- Currently gainfully employed in a school
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Vice Principal (Administration).
Application Deadline 17th August, 2018.