Job For Truck Assistant at Zippy Logistics
Zippy Logistics, a fast growing logistics company in Lagos with the mission to satisfy the needs of our customers and clients by providing high quality services in the areas of procurement, logistics and warehousing to small and medium scale markets in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Assistant
- Responsible for delivery, pick up, and loading of all goods or equipment delivered by clients.
- Provide excellent feedback service and ensure that customer receives correct and complete documentation, signing for delivery and acceptance of goods and documents.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
- Assist with the moving/loading of all equipment that goes in and out of the warehouse while utilizing a motorized cart.
- Assisting with complicated deliveries to ensure delivery happens quickly and accurately.
- Validating the accuracy of the goods on the truck before transporting.
- Load and unload vehicle at delivery bay and ensure that all goods are properly packaged and secure for next delivery.
- Act as a backup person as business needs require
- Deliver, pick up and drop off customer equipment; relocate equipment between deliveries.
- Provide notification of delivery to the senior team; verify all documentation is correct.
- Report any documentation loss and equipment damage to goods and equipment to the immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of security for client goods.
- May require an occasional overnight stay.
- Participate in physical inventories
- Ensure truck and work area are organized and maintained.
- Assist in processing and ensuring all client return goods are secure, undamaged and complete.
- Accurate record keeping of client invoices, delivery issues and delivery updates.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in varying traffic and weather conditions
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to follow directions to ensure timely delivery
- Physically active
- Ability to use special machinery to move equipment
- Excellent communication and feedback service skills; attention to detail
- Physical demands: Standing, hearing, sitting, walking, speaking, regular application of basic manual skills (keyboard, eye/hand coordination)
- Mental demands: Mental accuracy, problem-solving, communication, understand technical documents & instructions, multi-tasking.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org , Marketing@zippy.com.ng
Application Deadline 31st October, 2018.