Job For Supply Chain/Logistic Manager In A Reputable Marine Security Company
A reputable marine security company located at Port Harcourt Rivers State is currently in need of a Head Supply chain and Logistic Manager.
Job Title: Supply Chain/Logistic Manager
- To coordinate procurement, Warehouse and Logistic activities, and manage supply chain operations of the business thereby ensuring adequate and timely provision for needed goods and service to ensure optimum business performance;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select transportation routes and types to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Appraise vendor delivery ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Periodically on a bi-annual basis re-negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, custom agents or freight forwarders.
- Develop supplier performance monitor to assess ability to meet quality and on time delivery requirements.
- Develop and implement suppliers’ forum to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss Operational forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as engineering, HSE and Operations on quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers/vendors across the supply chain department.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement orders to provide a Management information system to aid informed decision.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental and local content policies.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Confer with supply chain customers to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of life cycle analyses to determine the environmental impacts of products, processes, or systems.
- Planning delivery timetables to make sure suppliers have enough stock to meet demand
- Overseeing the ordering and stocking process to reduce waiting time by monitoring stock levels.
- Tracking internal and external consignments to make sure they arrive at their destination
- Overseeing arrival of shipments
Educational Qualifications, Certifications and Experience:
- BSc or HND in Business Administration/Supply Chain,Management/Marketing/Economic
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th October, 2018