Job For State Project Coordinator at the Edo State Government
Edo State Government through the Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development has secured the FGN/World Bank 5year Women Empowerment Initiative programme to be implemented in the State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Coordinator
Key Functional Areas
- Organizing joint stakeholder workshops dealing with implementation guidelines, experience sharing, performance evaluation, or as otherwise needed to improve Project effectiveness;
- Organizing arid supervising the consolidation of Project accounts and reports;
- Organizing and facilitating supervision missions;
- Ensuring that comprehensive technical and financial quarterly reports are received from implementing Units reviewed, consolidated, analysed and submitted to FMoWASD and WB;
- Facilitating and managing capacity building for relevant government departments at the State and LGA levels
- Managing the planning and facilitation of support to relevant Ministry in terms of participatory, community-based Skills and the introduction and use of technologies and techniques;
- Ensuring that annual audits, mid-term review and Project completion report are prepared on schedule and of required quality
- Ensuring that, in general Project implementation arrangements comply with the Project Financing Agreements;
- Ensuring that the use of equipment and supplies procured is strictly for purposes of the Project
- Establishing and enhancing systems of internal control to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Government of Nigeria and the World Bank.
- Ensuring the proper monitoring of all accounting records and bank accounts and the financial management aspects of Project implementation.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned higher official
- Coordinating the State project’s activities in conformity with the Financing Agreement of State Government/FGN and WB and as stipulated in the Project Appraisal Document
- Leads the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, liaison and reporting,
- Undertaking field visits surveys in order to monitor and evaluate Project implementation; and identify problems and propose remedial action/ alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve Project delivery;
- Developing the Annual Work Plan and Budget for, the Project and monitoring compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met and achieved;
- Guiding, super-rising and coordinating the activities and functions of the core staff of the SPIU and providing oversight for the LGA Project Implementation Units;
- Supervising all SPIU staff to ensure their work is effectively and hilly accomplished;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and ensure key issues and concerns are properly addressed;
- Education: Degree qualification
- Experience: Over 10 years of experience in coordinating/implementing complex multi component, multi-level Project would be an advantage including experience working with government, international agencies, and donor agencies.
- The person should have established leadership and project management skills, and good communication written and oral skills.
- Knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates from GL15 and above should submit their Curriculum Vitae (12 copies) to:
The Office the Permanent Secretary,
Edo State Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development,
Benin City, Edo State.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2018.