Job For Software Engineer at Interswitch
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis
We see an Africa where payment is a seamless part of our everyday lives, and our mission is to create transaction solutions that enable individuals and communities prosper across the continent
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
- We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, code, test, analyse and manage software programs and applications that drive the Interswitch’s strategy, product owners and third-party business
Technical Strategy and Planning:
- Assists other software engineers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plans phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assists in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Performs research on the requirements of software users and documents findings to serve.
- Works closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
Acquisition and Deployment:
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommends, schedule, and performs software improvements and upgrades.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines for ease of use by the client/customers
- Installs software products for end users as required
- Creates and manages Application Programming Interface (API)
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Removes code script from company web site and/or related web applications as necessary
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior software developers and research assistants
- Consistently writes, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and PCIDSS standards
- Works closely with the QA team, Product Management team, and the Research and Development manager to ensure quality and timely software development within his/her responsibilities
- Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas
- Generates statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
- Updates tasks on JIRA
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Relevant certification such as ISTQB Foundation Level or above, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator); MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist).
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar function with a focus on IT Quality control
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply