Job For Shipping and Logistics Associate at United Nations Population Fund 24th April, 2018
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development, is recruiting personnel for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Shipping and Logistics Associate
Post Level: ICS 06
Duration: One year (Renewable based on Satisfactory Performance)
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head, Lagos Liaision Office (LLO), the Shipping and Logistics Associate in collaboration with Clearing agents, shipping companies, Nigeria Port authority, Third party port operators, Transport companies and Federal Ministry of Health/ Central Contraceptive Warehouse (FMoH/CCW) staff.
- S/he will be responsible for the supervision of clearing and forwarding agents to expedite timely delivery of commodities to Central Contraceptive Warehouse and managing of distribution to States
- S/he delivers quality services in shipping and logistics Management to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines in service of the country Programme, providing support and guidance to the Country Office and UNFPA supported projects.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Track all incoming shipments using bill of Laden/airway bill numbers, preparation of clearing letters and timely submission of duly signed letters to clearing agents
- Obtain container deposit from shipping company and remit to field office.
- Coordinate and follow up all steps necessary to successfully receive and inspect incoming shipments.
- Complete all pre-shipment coordination activities (warehouse readiness checks, obtaining customs clearance documentation, authorizing shipments, etc.).
- Maintain/update of Online Tracking System (OTS) data (e.g. shipment documents received date, goods arrived date, etc.).
- Initiate and document communications as regards discrepancies, damage or other issues identified during the receiving and inspection process
- Ensure all appropriate delivery documents are promptly completed, signed and properly filed.
- Follow up on all payments for Clearing Agents.
- Follow up and collect form M exemptions prepared by Field Office Admin and Procurement Staff.
- Follow up with RHCS Analyst and Admin/Protocol Assistant for Import Duty Exemption Certificate (IDEC) and Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs (FMoFA) waivers
- Collect shipping company debit note from shipping company in collaboration with clearing agents.
- Collect terminal charges from Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) or third party container terminal operators in collaboration with shipping company/clearing agents.
- Review and negotiate with shipping companies terminal charges and recommend to field office for payment.
- Obtain receipt for shipping and terminal charges in collaboration with clearing agents.
- Supervises the loading of the container and monitor container until delivery to agreed location.
- Ensure timely return of containers to shipping company.
- Verify and confirm the contents and quantities of commodities delivered with warehouse staff.
- Provide support in the safe disposal of expired and damaged goods;
- Provide support and follow up on all IP inventory-monitoring requirements (on-site inspections, stock counts, etc.);
- Provide support for all inventory write-off activities.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Office, LLO from time to time.
- Document delivery of commodities to Implementing Partners using UNFPA recommended formats.
- Support Central Contraceptive Warehouse (CCW) staff in monthly physical stock count and documentation in stock cards and ledgers
- Support CCW staff in stock counts and packaging for distribution to States and NGOs
- Provide regular status reports on stocks and storage conditions in CCW and Shed 36.
- Perform in-country inventory stock counts and reconciliations;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Shipping and Logistics Management, Social /Management Sciences and related field
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of related work experience in shipping and logistics management preferably in a national or international organization.
- At Least 3 years working experience in Nigeria Port clearance
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Commitment to UNFPA’s Values and Guiding Principles;
- Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
- Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
- Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
- Business acumen
- Client orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
UNFPA Work Environment:
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th May, 2018.