Job For Senior Gis Specialist at DevTech Systems Inc
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior GIS Specialist – STTA
- DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
- The MEL Activity is recruiting a knowledgeable, professional Senior GIS Specialist for up to seven months, on a renewable contract, to develop and execute a GIS integration strategy, in collaboration with the USAID/Nigeria Mission and a team of developers for the Performance Reporting System data management portal.
- The Senior GIS Specialist will be required to collect, prepare, clean and analyze GIS data for various online and mobile reporting applications.
Scope of Work
- Build working relationship with USAID/Nigeria and USAID/W GIS Experts and Technical Offices to obtain and report on GIS data.
- Determine methods of using GIS products, data and visualizations to meet the request of USAID/Nigeria.
- Coordinate GIS activities with programmers and technicians for the integration of GIS to the Performance Reporting System.
- Design, maintain and update appropriate map templates, graphics, layouts, charts and graphs for data representation and analysis to support all required organization projects to meet the reporting and monitoring needs of USAID/Nigeria.
- Produce web maps and visualizations using ArcGIS.
- Develop computer interfacing, data translation, data collection, mobile, web and computer applications using GIS and mobile data collection applications in accordance with USAID/Nigeria development activities.
- Coordinate with USAID on the acquisition of new spatial data and coordinate with US-based developers on the integration and presentation of the data into USAID/Nigeria’s Performance Reporting System GIS Module.
- Identify understand, and articulate solutions for issues by means of strong knowledge of ArcGIS
- Provide training to USAID/Nigeria and MEL Activity staff on use of ArcGIS and GIS data visualizations, GIS software, database creation.
- Support the development and maintenance of custom processes and models to ensure data quality assurance.
- Coordinate directly with USAID/Nigeria to develop and maintain specific GIS data and analysis.
- Provides support for GIS data conversion, systems integration and application development and implementation.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- GIS Integration Work Plan for the MEL Activity
- Implementation of GIS Work Plan
- Period of Performance: May 1, 2018-December 31, 2018
- Nigerian Citizen.
- Master’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Geography, or other GIS/Information Systems Technology related degree.
- 7+ years of GIS experience and minimum of 5 years hands-on GIS Analytical experience.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and other open Source GIS data tools.
- Presentation experience for senior-level government and NGO officials required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English required.
- Relevant working experience with USAID is desirable or other bilateral donor agencies is a plus.
- Working knowledge of USAID/Nigeria development activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Geospatial data management life cycle.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.