Job For Senior Consultant In A Reputable Environmental Consultancy Company
Heartland Alliance International (HAI)-Nigeria is a non-governmental organization that supports meaningful change in the lives of vulnerable individuals in the aftermath of violence and rights abuses across the states where HAl-Nigeria implement when human rights are threatened. HAl works to restore them by providing specialized mental health care açl access to legal services to improve well-being and by restoring justice for marginalized people and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lake Chad Basin Anti-Trafficking Project Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Lake Chad Basin Anti-Trafficking Project Director
Position Type: Full-time
- Heartland Alliance Internationals “Strengthening Services for Victims of Human Trafficking in the Lake Chad Basin” project will improve victim identification and comprehensive shelter-based services for victims of trafficking in the Lake Chad Basin Region
- It will improve the capacity of governments, civil society, and communities to protect and provide comprehensive services for survivors of trafficking in Nigeria and Cameroon, particularly former child soldiers and women and girls trafficked by combatants for forced labor and/or sexual exploitation
- The project will expand the impact of HAI’s research and pilot programming developed through the J/TIP-funded Protect, Shelter & Heal project, which developed replicable program models in Nigeria and Swaziland.
- The project builds the capacity of existing local partner institutions providing services to survivors of trafficking, including, but not limited to the Nigerian National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), the Federal and Borno State Ministries of Women’s Affairs and Social Development (MWASD), and other community and grassroots organizations and leaders
- Capacity will be built using a community-based, survivor-centered approach to trauma-informed mental health, yielding lasting improvements in the well-being of heavily traumatized survivors of trafficking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Lake Chad Basin Anti-Trafficking Project Coordinator will collaborate with the Project Director to coordinate program design, planning, and implementation alongside with various consultants and HAI staff in both Nigeria and Headquarters.
- Reports to the Lake Chad Basin Anti-Trafficking Project Director, communicating regularly and submitting reports, plans, assessments, and situation analyses as requested.
- Collaborates with various consultants and staff in HAI’s offices in Nigeria and Headquarters
- Communicates and facilitate collaboration with country federal and state governmental institutions, donors, local and international NGOs and civil society,
Program Implementation and Coordination of Activities:
- Identify NGOs/UN/other actors interested in trainings on mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS)
- Participate in coordination with other actors in the MHPSS referral system in Northeast Nigeria (UN, MHPSS Working Group)
- Monitor project goals and partner/consultant activities to ensure project success
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of project activities, applying quality assurance tools and writing project reports following designated formats
- Assists Project Director to write program reports as needed
- Organize trainings, round tables, events, and other activities to achieve project objectives
- Participate in developing and adjusting specific trainings to meet the identified needs within the relevant sectors
External Communication and Program Development:
- Coordinate with local stakeholders, including service providers and government agents, and engage on protection cluster meetings, raising HAI’s presence and profile in Northeast Nigeria
- Interacting with the humanitarian community (NGOs, UN) on all topics related to MHPSS activities and providing services for victims of trafficking
- Supports program development initiatives by providing information in a timely manner when requested
- Collaborate with the relevant working groups to set up trainings and follow-ups
- Participate in the MHPSS sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals or reports to donors
Financial and Grant Oversight Support:
- Assess project risks and issues and collaborate with Project Director to find solutions
- Monitor project plans, schedules, work, budget, and expenditure ensuring project deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Collaborate with project director to develop yearly work plan and budget towards ensuring effective delivery of program fulfilling each goal and objective
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno State and with occasional travel to Abuja.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, plus a minimum of 2 years professional experience in an NGO setting
- Previous experience or understanding of the human trafficking environment in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Previous experience working in issues related to human trafficking in Northeast Nigeria, including in interaction with stakeholders involved in emergency response in the region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with partners, government officials, local NGOs, media, and staff
- Demonstrated success in delivery of services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Previous experience with MHPSS programming and implementation
- Previous experience planning and delivering training activities to diverse audiences
- Experience of work in inter-cultural context
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Experience and knowledge working in Northeast Nigeria
- Essential: Proficient in English
- Preferred: Proficient in Hausa, Kanuri, or other local languages
- Ability to effectively work using Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and other software applicable to the area of work
- This project is responding to a devastating human rights crisis and will address sensitive issues in a region strongly affected by conflict
- Interested applicants should have a strong commitment to addressing the rights of Victims of Trafficking (VOT) with cultural sensitivity, respect, and confidentiality
- Candidates should be flexible, patient, positive, and able to work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
- Salaried, with benefits annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters, CV’s, and list of two references to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org with the subject line: “Lake Chad Basin Anti-Trafficking Project Coordinator”
Application Deadline 9th July, 2018.
- Applications that do not meet the above specification will be rejected
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.