Job For Safety Advisor Assistant at the International NGO Safety Organisation, 25th September, 2018
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Advisor Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
We are actually seeking for a Safety Advisor Assistant to support the Safety Advisor in North Eastern Nigeria in the following areas:
- Collection and verification of safety information
- Delivery of other INSO Scheduled Services
- Delivery of other INSO Request Service
The ASA will support the Safety Advisor (SA) by assisting in the collection and verification of safety information in the North Eastern region of Nigeria, as well as assisting the SA in the preparation of relevant safety reports and incident lists.
- Check the database each time it has been updated by the Info Team in Abuja to ensure no errors have occurred
- Support the rapid collection of information for Alerts and Reports
- Take the lead on drafting Roundtable PowerPoint presentations
- Assist in the delivery of other INSO Request Services
- Provide inputs to site safety review on request by NGOs and in collaboration with the SA and DSA
- Respond pro-actively to any relevant information request of NGOs in terms of safety
- Support during crisis, on request, in close collaboration with the SA and the DSA in term of information management
- Adhere to INSO safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in the collection and verification of safety information.
- Liaise closely with NGOs, the UN, Local Authorities, and others to obtain relevant contextual information for NGOs use
- Alongside DSA 3, monitor and guide INSO’s Field Monitors
- Monitor media to collect relevant information for NGOs use
- Contribute to writing safety reports and threat warnings in collaboration with the SA or the DSA
- Conduct regular field trips to develop local expertise of the context
- Develop a source network outside of the FMs and NGO community
- Assist in delivery of other INSO Scheduled Services
- After verification of information through multiple sources, produce comprehensive daily and weekly incident lists to be sent to the SA and the DSA
Fully Comply with INSO Policy Directives:
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and safety of all NGO information;
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and safety of any documentation/procedures as outlined by INSO
- Adopts professional conduct and positive attitude
- Other tasks may be requested and should be executed diligently
- Manage your time in the office effectively.
- Work to ensure a positive working atmosphere by enhancing a cordial working relationship.
- Bachelor’s in either, Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma
- At least 3 years of Police, Military, and/or NGO safety work experience or as a data entry analyst
- Excellent English writing skills as well as a fluent conversational level of at least one of the following languages: Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages relevant to North Eastern Nigeria.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors in the North Eastern Region
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Nigerian nationality
Key Personal Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Strong skills in data management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below to: email@example.com and ensure to reference ‘INSO SA Assistant – Maiduguri’ in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements.
- An up to date CV (2-page maximum)
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).
- INSO do not accept or ask for payment for any Job.