Job For Resilience Advisor – National Professional Volunteer at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resilience Advisor – National Professional Volunteer
Type of Role: Advocacy Policy and Research
Start Date: 2nd Week of August
- The Resilience Advisor will work with program team, partners and primary actors to build up and retain capacity for resilience programming within VSO Nigeria
- The role will provide technical support on resilience programming approaches, conduct vulnerabilities and opportunities context analysis, and methodological support in resilience analysis that will contribute to signature programme development.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency
- This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
- VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th July, 2018.