Job For Registrar at Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Nnamdi Azikiwe University is founded on the philosophy that knowledge should be propagated and disseminated to individuals without let or hindrance. Teaching and Research would be anchored on the needs of the Nigerian and International society generally. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, after whom the University is named, stands out clearly in the history of University education in Nigeria and Africa in general. In the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of this renowned statesman, by making University education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria and the International community.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Awka, Anambra
- The Registrar is, by virtue of the Office, the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Senate, the Congregation and the Convocation of the University.
- He/she shall, in addition, perform any other duties as may be directed by the Vice-Chancellor or the Governing Council.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
- He/she will be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except with regard to financial matters.
- The candidate(s) for the position must possess a good degree from a recognized University.
- He/she must be computer literate. Possession of additional qualifications will be an advantage.
- Candidate(s) for the position of Registrar should be of good health and pleasant disposition.
- He/she must possess the qualities of sound judgment, dependability and unassailable integrity.
- The candidate(s) for the position of Registrar must have had, at least, eighteen (18) years post-qualification cognate experience in a University where he/she must have served at the administrative level and must have been a Deputy Registrar for at least five (5) years.
- He/she must possess adequate leadership experience.
Salary and other Conditions
The salaries and conditions will be as applicable to Registrars in federal universities.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Credentials and Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Name of Candidate (Surname first)
- Sex (Gender)
- Date of Birth (including Month and Year)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- School(s) Attended (with dates)
- Qualifications Obtained (with dates)
- Work Experience
- List of publications, if any, (with dates)
- Professional Conferences and Seminars attended
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Present rank with Salary
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (including their phone numbers).
Candidates should request their referees to submit confidential reports on them to the Vice-Chancellor. The application with all relevant attachments shall be submitted in a large envelop clearly marked “Position of Registrar” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Application Deadline 5th November, 2018.
Note: Candidates for the post should not be more than 60 years old on assumption of duty.