Job For Procurement Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Advisor, (Short-Term)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Procurement Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal new born and child health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Procurement Advisor will provide and support technical assistance to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in the developing health product requirements across HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning and Maternal, New Born and Child Health Programs. These will be supported as part of the mandate of the Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project to develop capacity of Government counterparts in estimation of products requirements and gap analysis. S/he in collaboration with other advisors will inform health product procurement to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Procurement Manager or his/her designate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Conduct the procurement process for technical and operational procurement – from solicitation to final delivery of goods and services, including submission of final payment request to Finance for payment processing.
- Track operational and programmatic procurement requests. Ensure all requests are logged, acknowledged and acted upon in a timely and compliant fashion and are consistently updated in the procurement tracker.
- Contribute to regular updates of the vendor database, with the objective of promoting a more transparent and competitive procurement process. The vendor database will contain a selection of vendors and service providers.
- Provide periodic feedback to the requesting teams thoroughly weekly procurement tracker to monitor status of procurement actions.
- Facilitate technical evaluation committees, where required, to inform final procurement decision on goods and services to obtain best value.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with local vendors and service providers to ensure they fully understand USAID/FAR compliant procurement processes and systems and requirements for working with Chemonics.
- Draft negotiation memoranda, selection memos and other procurement documentation where applicable, and ensure this is on file for all procurements.
- Liaise with the Home Office Country to obtain necessary approvals on procurement documentations to complete procure file and process payment request.
- Prepare purchase orders before they are submitted to selected vendors and work closely with the Program and Operations teams to ensure all procurements adhere to the specifications in the procurement action request (PAR) forms prior to final purchasing.
- Upon completion of procurements, prepare all necessary paperwork is on file prior to submission to Finance for payment.
- Preparation of PSM procedure documents using ARTMIS to manage commodities procurement actions.
- Production monthly reports of procurement actions and status
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in relevant technical area.
- Three to five years’ relevant experience in procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental Organization especially in the health sector preferred. USAID experience a plus.
- CIPS – Chartered Institute Procurement and Supply Certification and/or membership a plus Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performing teams required
- Knowledge of procurement using ERP systems required
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector environment a plus.
- The Procurement Advisor will report directly to the Procurement Manager
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a short-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply
Application Deadline 8th October, 2018