Job For MEAL Officers at Catholic Relief Services (CRS), 25th July, 2018
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Reference No: MEAL0709
Location: Maiduguri – Borno and Damaturu – Yobe
Slots: 2 Openings
- Under the direction of the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports
- The MEAL officer will be based in Maiduguri or Damaturu with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the MEAL Coordinator with dotted line to Program Manager.
- Maintain the Indicator Performance Tracking Table and feed the information to programs and MEAL team
- Facilitate in training enumerators in the activities such as rapid assessment, registration, survey, baseline/end-line etc
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools before the implementation
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project or digital data collection
- Establish the database or tracking sheets of project beneficiary and assistance provided and share the information timely with the programs
- Supervise the Accountability Assistant in Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism (BFRM) in responding feedback at the community level
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management
- Work closely with ICT department and MEAL Coordinator in tracking IT equipment associated with project use
- Conduct regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring further attention; (3) define action needed and assign responsibility and deadlines
- Identify, document, store and share lessons learned (this includes success story too) that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice
- Ensure that the cross-cutting themes such as gender and protection are integrated in the partners’ MEAL plans and systems
- Conduct and document end of project learning reviews and share learning with stakeholders
- Ensure ethical and safe collection and storage of data
- Assist Program Managers and MEAL Coordinator in facilitation of SMILER workshop at the project start-up
- Conduct regular on-site and post distribution monitoring; post-activity monitoring and Focused Group Discussion to measure the project progress
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives
- Conduct Market Price Monitoring in collaboration with the Programs
- Provide timely analyzed data and report on the monitoring activities and feedback to the programs; and write reports
- Support the team on the registration, commodity/card distribution and others activity through rigorous monitoring exercise
- Conduct data validation and verification exercise as necessary
Education and Experience
- University Degree, preferably in Statistics, Information Management, Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in humanitarian or development context
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of vulnerable people
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to CRS’s values and guiding principles
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently and stay in difficult environments
- Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access) and software applications
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework
- Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page Resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number – HRO250418. E.g “MEAL Officer MEAL0709”.
Click Here to Download Application Form (doc)
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2018.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- “CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.