Job For IT Senior Associate at Management Sciences for Health, 18th September, 2018
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Senior Associate
Job ID: 13-10189
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A577 – PMI-S
Reports To: Operations Manager
- The Senior IT Associate role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Make sure the phone on every desk is working at all times.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the Operations Manager)
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Travel to site offices whenever there is a need to, and resolve issues independently as much as can be achieved.
- Send a weekly Status report and Time Sheet to IT Operations Manager
- Ability to travel 40% of the time to various state offices.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
- File incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced Manager.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Information Technology or Computer science.
- Experience with Google Apps
- Exceptional motivation to learn on the job
- Extensive Windows, Mac and iOS or Android experience
- Experience with Python, Dart or GO a plus
- Familiarity with computer networking, TCP/IP a plus
- Familiarity with Symatec Altiris a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Keyboard skills
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- MSCE, N+ or A+ , CCNA (industry standard professional qualifications)
- Ability to work with a switchboard
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must possess a user first mentality
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply