Job For Health Strengthening Consultant at The International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Strengthening Consultant
About the Consultancy Service
- The International Rescue Committee is currently expanding its operations and with the changing dynamics on talent management and work force planning, there is an urgent need to consistently build the capacity of staff to equip them with the necessary life skills and basic knowledge they need to comfortably execute their roles and responsibilities.
- The consultancy service aims to provide dedicated capacity building on Health System Strengthening (HSS) with particular focus on emergency preparedness, response and resilience, addressing inequalities in health outcomes, and promotion of integrated, multi-sectoral policies and action.
Duration of the Consultancy Service
- The time and duration shall be determine in line with respective training needs and objective as shall be articulated by the International Rescue Committee. The trainings will be delivered in Maiduguri.
- The consultant will prepare a training plan including objective, training methodology for the training.
- This will be reviewed and agreed by the Training Focal Person of IRC or his designate and the consultant.
Profile of Consultant
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in providing capacity building services
- Include references of previous work
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have prior experience and adaptive to different cultures
- The terms of payment shall be discussed at the initial stage prior to starting the consultation.
- The payments will be made in form of cheques/or direct bank transfer in the name of the consultant or firm named in the contract.
- IRC will deduct with-holding tax at source as per the rules of taxation governing IRC operations and it will be deposited directly to custodian of such tax. No other benefits shall be admissible beyond what is stipulated in the contract, nor does it guarantee a regular position in IRC.
- All the outputs – Reports, data base, etc. produced from this assignment will not be disseminated in part or whole without express authority, in writing from IRC.
- Thus the consultant shall not produce these materials in any form (electronic, hard copies, etc.) to a third party without a written permission from IRC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Institutions/ consultants should read and strictly follow the detailed Terms of Reference and submit both technical and financial proposals: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org with “Consultancy service for the Provision of Capacity Building for Health System strengethening ” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 20th June, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.