Job For Group Head Hse In A Reputable Manufacturing Company
Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by one of its clients in the manufacturing sector to recruit suitable qualified candidates for its operations in Nigeria, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head HSE
Job Reference: 1439
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: HSE & Security
- Maintain a dynamic and driven approach to promoting and supporting HSE across the group.
- Be an ambassador for HSE and promote “out of the box” thinking which enables solutions to problems to be identified and implemented effectively throughout the group.
- Manage and coordinate a team of HSE managers to ensure they proactively support their divisions and senior management teams on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for personal development and coaching of HSE managers, Trainees and Assistants. Ensure there are structured development plans in place
- Identify development opportunities to promote safer and more efficient ways of working.
- Support the subsidiaries to develop their own HSE action plans and strategies for development and improvement.
- Provide appropriate safety and health initiatives, accident prevention programs, and investigation of incidents.
- Put in place HSE action plan and implement it.
- Update HSE policies, procedures and manuals.
- Acts as a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized.
- Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of HSE programme.
- Leverage on senior level expertise across the group to provide cost-effective technical guidance and strengthen technical competency.
- Oversight of organizations HSE expenses and budget.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSE performance.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive operations team.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree.
- MBA, M.Sc or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in corporate HSE management, operations, safety audits, management information systems.
- Budget planning & preparation.
- Project management expertise and strategic planning & development
- Ability to deliver results.
- Have professional confidence.
- Must be a strategic thinker.
- Minimum of 10-15 years HSE experience of which 5 years must be at a senior management level.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- NEBOSH/OSHA certificate etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply