Job For Group Chief Financial Officer In A Reputable Investment Company
Stresert Services Limited – Our client, is a diversified investment company that manages a selection of strategic investments and companies focused on making the most of opportunities in Nigeria via strategic investments (equity and equity-linked capital) in various sectors, including Agribusiness, Energy, Logistics and Information Technology.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Chief Financial Officer
Job ref: G-FO)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- The Chief Financial Officer will oversee all financial and accounting activity for the organization and its subsidiaries, the role requires the capacity to work with both a strategic and an operational focus
- The CFO will be in charge managing investments, budgeting, financial management, developing policies, cost andrevenue optimization, treasury management and improving operational strategies
- The job holder will also serve as a business partner to the GMD on fund raising, financial planning, financial modeling and key stake holder engagement
- The ideal candidate must be a result-focused professional with a clear vision/track record of building and sustaining key business relationship as well as remarkable success in fund raising.
Accounting, Compliance and Financial Reporting:
Oversees accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, including:
- Oversee budgeting and asset management;
- Oversee treasury, cash flow and financing activity;
- Ensure timely preparation offinancial and managementreports
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance regarding all financialfunctionsincluding audits and proper filing of taxreturns;
- Oversee annual audit and all external financial reporting; including but not limited to annual audits and proper filing of tax returns;
- Cash flow planning to match availability of funds withneeds;
- Establish systems for financial controls and regulatory compliance;
- Oversee accounting, tax and financial reporting functions;
- Develop appropriate internal controls and financialprocedures;
- Provide leadership in financial planning and policy development;
- Develop long-term forecasts and maintains long-term financialplans;
- Develop and coordinate a diverserange of fundraising activities and initiatives to support organizational funding requirements;
- Attract, build and maintain relationships with new and existing corporate investors and financiers to secure long term and sustained funding across project lines;
- Meet all fundraising strategy targets, timelines and income projections;
- Coordinate the short, medium and long-term plans of the company, assess the financial requirements and develop effective ways in which financial requirements can be satisfied
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop all relevant financial models;
- Develop, measure, and maintain key financial metrics;
- Prepare analysis and make recommendations for future planning and strategy to CEO and stakeholders, based on, but not limited to: current economic trends, company operations, identified efficiencies, cost benefit analysis, and the need for system enhancements.
- Lead and manage the development of models and evaluations for acquisition and expansion prospects as well as fund expansion.
- Oversee and/or prepare financial reports to all applicable subsidiaries and stakeholders;
- Manage monthly and quarterly financial and management reviews with department and subsidiary heads and periodic reporting for executive management, Stakeholders, and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities, including but not limited to: company revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, funding agencies and the development and monitoring of company and contract/ budgets.
Policies and Processes:
- Ensure proper controls and compliance, are in placeas well as continuous improvement of internal controls;
- Funding and Treasury(Company performance and cash flow)
- Oversee company cash balances and forecasts;
- Maintain banking relationships for all financial transactions;
- Project and make recommendations pertaining to the company’s needs for debt and equity financing;
- Identify and invest surplus funds as needed;
- Ensure maximization of the return on invested funds;
- Oversee the management of cash and investments to appropriately balance risk, return andliquidity;
- Develop relevant dashboards to track both the company’s expected and actual financial performance.
- 10-13 years’ work experience with at least 5 years in a managerial role preferably in investment banking, corporate banking, with some demonstrable experience in marketing, business development, accounting and finance;
- MBA, ICAN, ACCA, or comparable Advanced Degree is required
- Experience in executing fund raising activities and proven success of substantial income generation;
- Ability to work within a diverse workplace and environment;
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership as member of senior managementteam
- Significant experience in treasury management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function effectively in multi-cultural environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “G-FO” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 27th July, 2018.
Note: Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.