Job For Graphics Designer In A Reputable Printing Company
Stresert Services Limited – Our client is an Industrial Printing Organization based on the mainland of Lagos with equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled in sub-Saharan Africa. As a result of growth, the service of a suitably qualified candidate is needed in the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job ref: GRART II
- The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions.
- The ideal graphic designer will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact.
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Working on layouts and art working pages ready for print;
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel drawl, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash etc;
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience;
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists;
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Any other related task delegated by line manger.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- The desired candidate should be a graduate of Art (OND/HND/ B.Sc).
- Must have 4 – 5 years work experience as a core graphic artist from a printing/ industry
- Knowledge of pre-press operations
- Must be able to do page planning and imposition
- Must be very creative and present a portfolio of designs created and of course, will carry out a practical test at the client’s place
- Desired candidate MUST have worked in the printing industry
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be IT savvy (Photoshop, Corel drawl) etc
- Skilled in the use of CorelDraw Graphic Suite and all Adobe software suites especially InDesign and illustrator.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Monday – Friday
- Saturday: Half day (twice a month)
N100, 000/m (negotiable based on experience)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘GRART II’ as the subject of mail.
Candidates should follow the instruction below:
- It is required that you attach past samples of work done.
- A list of software packages that candidates are expert with/ or have made use of in the past should be listed on the CV.
Application Deadline 20th July, 2018.
Note: The above is very important; applicants who do not compile with the above will not be assessed for the role.