Job For Front Office Receptionist at BWC Hotels
At BWC Hotels your stay is an experience. An Experience in luxury. With world class services we create that perfect environment for business or pleasure. Come, spend some time with us and let us take care of everything.
We are an ocean view hotel situated right next to the new Eko Atlantic city. We are in the heart of commercial district which during the day houses the movers and shakers of the financial world and at night is the hotspot for the young and wild at heart.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Office Receptionist
- Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determinate’s a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay.
- Helps guests complete registration forms and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Guest Service Associate Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange,
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges
- Advice guest of any messages received for them.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach the form to registration card.
- Direct the porter to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Advice guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
- Experience: minimum of 3 years hotel-related experience desired.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com