Job For Director, Technical at the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Job Title: Director, Technical
The Director, Technical is required to carry out the following specific functions amongst others:
- Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee all the activities of the technical Department and ensure adequate utilization of human and material resources,
- Define and develop overall technically related operational work-plan for the management on day-to-day basis for the benefit of the organization.
- Manage cross-functional relationship with other departments and units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Secretary.
- Design, develop and implement a framework for tracking allocation, disbursements, and application of revenues from the extractive sector.
- Provide sound and independent opinions on technical issues raised in the reports in line with the standard practise and available information.
- Conduct periodic technical assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistency of NEITI industry reports.
- Develop systems and processes that will be useful in quality control.
- Interested candidates are expected to possess a minimum of Master’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Accountancy, Economic, or related relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 18 years post-qualification experience in relevant areas of the extractive industry, five (5) of which should be at top management level specifically in mining, oil, gas and auditing.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the on-going government reform initiatives/governance of the extractive industries sector.
- Knowledge of public finance management, good corporate governance principles, exposure to extractive industries operations, regulation, auditing, strategic plan development and implementation, employee performance and change management.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and research skills as well as advanced proficiency in IT, including use of research tool such as SPSS, STATA etc are required.
- Knowledge of the EITI will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with personal statements showing clearly how they meet the requirements to: email@example.com These should be accompanied with comprehensive Resume (as single word document) using the title of the position and name of the candidate as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applications submitted electronically and those that meet the minimum requirements will be shortlisted.