Job For Consultant at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), 29th June, 2018
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safe Access to Firewood and alternative Energy (SAFE) Consultant
Locations: Borno and Adamawa States
- Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Safe Access to Firewood and alternative Energy (SAFE) Consultant to conduct detailed formative research as a basis for DRC SAFE Project.
About the Job
- DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe, with over 200 national staff and 21 expatriate staff providing emergency assistance to populations affected by the conflict in NE Nigeria.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
To be successful in this role we expect you to:
- Developing training support kit: communication to promote Safe Acess to Fireword and alternative Energy. Focusing on Energy saving stove and other relevant technology.
- All consultants should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Produce a Situational Analysis: The consultant will conduct rapid participatory research to understand the needs of the community members and field officers in terms of challenges relating to availability, accessibility, affordability, acceptability, utilization and reliability of energy saving stoves in the IDP camps. This will be done utilizing desk review, interview of key informants, focus group discussions and workshops with field officers
- Training field officers: Field officers will participate in a ToT to enable them to cascade training in Safe Access to Firewood and alternative Energy.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Alternative Energy, Public Health, International Development, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Energy Conservation related field
- Experience in community-based training, training of trainers and development of training and IEC materials.
- Excellent facilitation, communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to use participatory research and training methods in working with multistakeholder groups
- Ability to self-motivate, organise and manage
- Ability to work in rural community settings
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Contract length: 1 month
- Level: Consultancy
- Designation of Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
- Start date: July 16, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a mail to: email@example.com to request for the complete ToR and all the document linked to their application.
The Applications and all the documents required must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should submit their proposals with the following information no later than the closing date above. The consultancy period is expected to be undertaken during the months of July 2018.
A one page application letter addressing:
- The Consultant/Consultancy Team’s previous experience and relevance to the proposed assignment.
- The names, expertise, years of experience and relevance of team members in undertaking this assignment.
- A comprehensive proposal demonstrating firm understanding of the Terms of Reference, with a breakdown into assessment areas showing how each assessment sector is going to be undertaken.
- Updated CVs for all consultants including relevant work, number of days required, specific roles, experience and qualifications.
- Detailed and comprehensive budget covering all assessment costs, including consultancy fees, per diems, flight tickets, assessment and training costs, transportation, accommodation costs, visa fees etc. (to be attached to the request for quotation)
- The Request for quotation duly filled in and signed/stamped
- A work plan
- Proof of registration as a consultant
- Samples of recently written reports on similar assignments. Individual sector assignment reports can also be submitted in lieu of the above.
- Contact details for three references.
- The supplier profile and registration form duly filled in and signed. (Annex B&C)
For any clarification/question about the tender, send a mail to: email@example.com Don’t send your offer to this address mail.
Application Deadline 4th July, 2018.