IYCF Supervisor at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of IYCF Supervisor to be based in its Borno Office.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Nigeria national only
The Nutrition IYCF Supervisor Lead the IYCF program planning and provide strategic direction to the implementation of IYCF through CG , individual and mass education strategies, Ensure internal and external reporting and documentation requirements are on-time and accurate, Assess staff capacities and coordinate initial or ongoing trainings based on need and program goals, Play a lead role in the orientation and training of new technical program staff, Models leadership to all staff and intentionally develops the leadership potential of the CG Promoters and Prepare a monthly report using the information provided by Care Group Promoters. This is an outreach position requiring traveling to community locations.
- Ensure observance and respect the dignity of beneficiaries, care givers and members of the community at all times.
- Coordinates with project partners, project staff, the SMoH, LGA PHCDA and other stakeholders regarding upcoming activities and needs at the community and State/LGA levels.
- Responsible for the performance and professional development of the CG Promoters who report to him/her.
- Review Flipchart Lesson Plans with CG Promoters every two weeks and assure they understand the information well and can teach back the information in a participatory manner.
- Collect CG Promoter reports on a monthly basis, review the reports and assure the information presented is reasonable and complete.
- Prepare a monthly report using the information provided by CG Promoters.
- Maintain a filing system in the project office so copies of CG Promoter Reports are easily accessible.
- Lead the implementation of IYCF-E program at LGA and field level
- Responsible to supervise each Care Group Promoter
- Will ensure that the families of malnourished children receive appropriate counseling, education concerning the IYCF and caring practices through Care Group.
- Responsible to liaison with the appropriate people in a timely and professional manner to ensure the financial, logistical and procurement issues required to implement project activities.
- Will backstop the OTP nurse when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Nutrition, Food Science and other related natural sciences and over one (1) year experience in nutrition especially in CG model programming.
- Knowledge of CMAM and IYCF will be an added advantage.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Knowledge of English and Hausa/ Kanuri is a MUST
- Female candidates are preferred for this position.
Strong communication skills:
- A Team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications
Method of Application
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps by clicking the Apply Now Button Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email
Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document., otherwise applications will not be considered.