IT Support Technician at Maersk
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
IT Support Technician
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- Do you have what it takes to elevate a world class business organization?
- Maersk are looking for an IT Support Technician with a passion for new technologies to support our internal customers in Lagos.
- Provide onsite local IT support for incidents that are assigned to the IT Support Technicians team & ensure that T&L IT standard processes are followed for services provided.
- Be responsible for Desktop management; install, move, add, change, decommission support for IT equipment (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Servers).
- Support general OS/MS Office/other application running problems or corruptions.
- Support and advice the Facilities Management/Office Services in relation to offices move planning.
- Support Hardware and Software asset management as per our global processes.
- Be responsible for LAN cabling troubleshooting.
- Be part of on-call support for critical incidents or emergency situations outside of regular business hours as part of our Business Continuity Plan.
- Provide a best in class service to our business customers & identify shortfalls in service delivery to implement improvements.
- Together with the Lead IT Technician for the Region, assist with the resolution of 2nd level escalations.
- Coordinate and manage equipment through Maersk appointed list of vendors.
- Ensure a close liaison with Global Service Desk (GSC), GCC and other IT support groups.
- Provide support for other sites within East Africa as required.
- Project Execution: work closely with the Project Manager to implement projects.
- Provide VIP support to selective customers as per SLA and agreement.
- Provide input on IT Forecast and budget to IT Lead.
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of IT support experience
- ITIL knowledge (certification optional)
- Project management certification is a plus but not a must (Agile, Prince 2, PmP)
- Have worked with Service desk tools and Incident / problem / request processes
- Familiar across multiple Windows operating systems, Hardware (servers, routers, switches)
- Basic understanding of Networking and ability to liaise with remote support teams.
- Mandatory Degree or Diploma in IT – Bachelor or Master level
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Extraverted/Outgoing nature.
- Ability to communicate with a wide audience, at all levels in the organization.
- Good English language written and verbal skills as a minimum.
- Passion for technology and cutting-edge solutions.
- A real desire to help people: Solution provider Not a support provider.
- Someone who interacts with and understands business language/requirements, and able to translate into IT talk.
- Play a part in major global organizational improvement project.
- Help implement global standard IT processes for service and support.
- Pro-active participation in regional Maersk IT Account Management team.
- Develop core IT skills related to global support management.
- Insight into local business practices and challenges worldwide.
Interested and qualified? Go to MAERSK career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
Deadline: 11 September, 2019