IT Manager at Lumos Nigeria
Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small installments using their mobile phones.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- As businesses are increasingly reliant on technology, your role as IT manager is crucial to business continuity and success.
- The IT Manager will be advising company on IT solutions that will best help them grow and perform more efficiently.
- You’ll be outlining the most effective resources and projects through design, development to completion.
- You will be expected to provide solutions to complex IT issues and be able to act both independently or follow instructions from the global IT manager.
- You’ll be working closely to ensure projects are completed on time and to budget.
- You’ll be in charge of your project and it’ll be your responsibility to conclude according to schedule.
- Speaking to your management team/company’s departments to find out what they want and to advise them objectively on where IT might make a difference to the business
- Planning the stages of the project and how each affects the business
- Coordinating the projects with company’s departments.
- Agreeing costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring these throughout the project
- Adjusting the plans where needed
- Keeping management and company’s department updated on progress
- Evaluation of each project stage and once completed
- Your performance will be evaluated on a weekly online meeting with your superior at HQ and goals for the following week will be defined.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Computer field.
- Some IT managers can be hired with only an associate degree and ample work experience; however, a bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or a similar computer-oriented major is generally a minimum requirement for an IT management position. Coursework for either degree can include computer engineering, programming, networking, mathematics or database management.
- Five or more (recent) years of IT hands-on work experience
Required Technical Skills:
- Excellent PC hardware hands-on experience
- Ability to perform hands-on labor from time to time (wiring etc.)
- Familiarity with common windows operating systems
- Familiarity with common Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian, Redhat)
- Hands-on experience with MS Active directory, client and server sides
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Familiarity with online helpdesk systems
- Familiarity with project management systems
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Google Apps, including account administration, directory sync services and advanced troubleshooting- Advantage
- Familiar with PBX, IP telephony, call enter management – Advantage
Required Personal Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Quick learner, able to follow and execute project plans
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job tilte” as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 27 August, 2019