IP NOC Engineer Job Vacancy at MainOne Cable
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP NOC Engineer
Reporting Line: GNOC Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The IP NOC Engineer will be responsible for the first line network monitoring, surveillance and fault management support on the elements and components of the MainOne network, using various network management and trouble ticketing systems.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators.
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- Monitor Main One’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Open a trouble ticket (TT) for every network event and ensure it is tracked up to the point of closure.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum HND/B.Sc Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ working experience in similar position
- Relevant Professional/Technical certifications preferably CCNA & CCNP.
- Routing Protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Good knowledge of networking technologies- TCP/IP, BGP, DNS
- Good communication skills.
Demand on the Job:
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
- Good technical documentation skills
- Very good understanding of Main One’s products and processes
- Eager and quick to learn.
- Able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems, while still following procedures and processes.
- Strong diagnostic, analysis and problem resolution skills with a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Able to work well within a busy team and handle a wide range of issues.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritisation of workload.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and priorities faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply