IP / EPC Expert At First Point Group
At First Point Group we’ve made the global telecoms & technology recruitment industry our business. For clients such as Huawei, Amdocs, Juniper and Ericsson the strategic contribution of FPG, a trusted global partner who knows their industry inside out, is an invaluable business asset.
Over the years, we’ve gained deep industry expertise and experience, and developed close relationships with a vast network of telecoms and technology professionals around the world. As a result, we’re perfectly placed to help our clients and candidates deliver the next generation of technology.
IP / EPC Expert
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldICT / Computer
The IP / EPC expert is responsible for securing the operations activities and performs his / her responsibilities according to the following points:
- Daily EPC Network alarm monitoring & fault troubleshooting
- Daily core alarm & availability reports
- 24×7 on site back office support for fault troubleshooting and hardware alarm clearance.
- Daily, weekly & monthly performance reports
- End to End operational & maintenance support for IP & EPC nodes (MME, EPG, DNS, NTP, Router, switch & Firewall)
- Interfaces with networks operation monitoring team during core network related faults
- Responsible for raising CSRs and liaises with 2nd level support team during network fault incidents
- Responsible for acceptance testing of all IP, MPBN and EPC nodes integrated into the network
- Implements IP/ Core network related change requests
- Planning and change request implementations for connectivity between IMS, SBC, HSS, PCRF, DNS & EPC nodes.
- Fortimail and arbor email solution management
- Peer app cache equipment management.
- Expert knowledge of LTE/EPC network architecture including VOLTE
- Knowledge of 3GPP based architecture and call flows, 3GPP/IETF standards, UEs and tools used in the implementation and operation of SGSN and MME network elements.
- Expertise in developing and executing object lists for testing core elements using protocol analysers.
- In-depth knowledge and strong experience with EPG and MME node CLI.
- Knowledge of protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, S1AP, Diameter, GTP, M3UA, SCCP, RANAP, GMM, SM) and high level understanding of OSPF, MPLS, VRRP, SSH, SNMP, and L2 VLAN).
- Specific experience testing network functions to include paging, intra and inter technology mobility, session management, and QOS.
- Hands on experience integrating network hardware platforms including SGSN and MME elements.
- Knowledge of DNS, IP addressing, NAT, load distribution.
- Extensive experience on Incident Management, problem management & change management
- Conducts immediate resolution of outage incidents through systematized troubleshooting and isolation activities.
- Customer relationship management
- Expertise in fortimail and Arbor equipment.
- Expertise in PeerApp caching solution
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to First Point Group career website on www.linkedin.com to apply