INTERSOS Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Logistic Coordinator.
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
In support to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response in the region, INTERSOS is implementing more than 6 projects addressing critical gaps in health and nutrition, WASH, food security, shelter, Camp Coordination and Camp Management and protection services for a highly vulnerable population in the newly accessible host communities in the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Ngala (Ngala-Gambaru), Bama (Banki) and Dikwa (Dikwa) Local Government Area (LGA), Borno State, Nigeria.
- The Logistics Coordinator defines and implements technical/logistic strategies and support to INTERSOS country programme, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programme, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance of INTERSOS and international standards; guarantee appropriate working conditions at mission’s level as well as the proper functioning of the IT infrastructure.
- Establishing, harmonizing and maintaining appropriate standardized logistics procedures and policies across the mission and according to donor requirements including procurement, fleet management and IT procedures and mechanisms.
- Seeking for guidance and validations from the Head of Mission and relevant staff at Headquarters when needed, and recommending needed changes.
- Ensuring proper implementation of logistics policies and procedures at the field level.
- Anticipating unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Coordinating with the Admin and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems.
- Managing staff and systems to maximize programme efficiency and delivery.
- Coordinating recruitment, training and support of field logistics staff.
- Advising both managers and employees about policies and procedures.
- Planning and performing field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained.
- Fulfilling other duties of similar level as needed.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “SR 49-239 Head of Base – Nigeria”.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.