Interns At The Joint National Association of Persons With Disabilities (JONAPWD)
The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) is the only umbrella body of all associations (clusters) of Disabled People’s Organization (DPOs), as well as civil society organizations working on disability issues in Nigeria recognized by governments at national, state and local levels. JONAPWD has existed for over one decade, promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs); advocating for inclusive laws and policies; and engaging with all sectors and stakeholders in the society to enhance social inclusion of PWDs. JONAPWD serves as a major institutional hub of disability information resources in Nigeria.
JONAPWD’s vision is a society where equality social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed. Its mission is to attain a society where equity social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed through specific projects, advocacy and partnership with relevant stakeholders. JONAPWD currently has affiliated chapters in all the 36 states and the FCT Abuja. Local government chapters also exist in some states. JONAPWD’s National Secretariat, situated in the Nigerian Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, is saddled with the responsibility for the management and administration of its activities at the national level. The Secretariat coordinates all the state and local chapters, National Disability Cluster members, CSO affiliates, as well its relationship with all local and international development partners.
JONAPWD is calling applications from Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) Only for Internship. This position is for 6 months. All conditions of service as contained in JONAPWD’s Human Resources and Staffing Policy shall apply.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationSecondary School (SSCE)
- Job FieldInternships / Volunteering
CALL FOR INTERNS
(Persons With Disabilities Only)
Open September 14th 2017-Closes September 22nd 2017
- Assist in providing Program, M&E and logistics supports.
- Assist in updating and tracking all media (Print, Electronic, Social media) engagements of JONAPWD.
- Support to take quarterly inventory of all JONAPWD properties, goods and materials.
- Support in the procurement of all required goods and materials for the National Secretariat
- Support in providing direct support to Senior Management Staff of JONAPWD by scheduling appointments as well as making travel arrangements and hotel bookings.
- Undertake any other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Senior National Programme Manager and or the National Executive of JONAPWD from time to time.
CONDITIONS FOR INTERNSHIP
- (A) You are required to provide duplicate copies of all required credentials for filing.
- (B) JONAPWD shall regularly provide in-House capacity-building to support the effectiveness and efficacy of Interns.
- (C) All conditions of service as contained in JONAPWD’s Human Resources and Staffing Policy shall apply
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE).
- Willingness to learn
- Respect for organizational policies and principles
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Method of Application
Interested Applicants (PWDs ONLY) should submit the following
(A) A one-A4 page typed application;
(B) A copy of current CV
(C) Two recent passport size photos.
No phone calls will be entertained (mails only firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted
Female PWDs are strongly advised to apply.
All applications and inquiries should be directed to the Office of the President, National Secretariat, Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities,
House 23, A Cresent, Mbora Estate, Citec, Off National Judicial Institute, by Airport Junction, Abuja.