International Rescue Committee (IRC) Vacancy For A Supply Chain Manager
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Scope of Work
- The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of the supply chain function for IRC Borno and Yobe field offices in compliance with IRC and donor regulations.
- The positon will provide direct supervision to Procurement Manager and Logistics Manager in Maiduguri and Supply Chain staff in Monguno, Gowza and Yobe offices.
- Key responsibilities include procurement management, inventory and warehousing management, assets and properties management and vehicle & transport management. The position reports to the Maiduguri Office Field Coordinator and will work closely and receive technical support from the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining a local procurement system adapted by the IRC Nigeria Supply Chain Department and based on IRC Global procurement policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure each grant has a procurement plan and each plan is updated, discussed with the relevant budget holder and are reported on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate, manage and be accountable for the supply and logistics support to IRC operations, including the efficient, effective and transparent procurement of the required goods and services according to IRC policies and standard operating procedures.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed and achieved as per the different grant timelines.
- Maintain transparent and efficient general contracting systems through IRC standard Supply Chain due diligence.
- Finalize Supply Chain Monthly Report and PRTS for final submission to Supply Chain Coordinator.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC Borno and Yobe. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program Managers and Field Coordinator.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Ensure that Logistics Manager prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC Borno and Yobe vehicles according to IRC policy.
- Be accountable for periodic circle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that stock management system is adhered to by the storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure donor reports for stock are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Borno and Yobe, which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to Supply Chain Coordinator for review and feedback.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are complete as per donor requirement and submitted on time to Supply Chain Coordinator for review before submission to the Grants Department for action.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed and implemented on an annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
- Ensure that each staff member is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
Budget & Finance:
- Participate in proposal design and budget development by identifying and inputting the required operational budget need for project implementation.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure that issues are raised with Field Coordinator to ensure they are included in new budget development.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets. Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to Field Coordinator.
Training, Outreach and Staff Management:
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC Borno and Yobe staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
- Ensure that each Supply Chain staff has updated job description, annual performance objective and provide corrective feedback of set objectives through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC Supply Chain policies and SOPs for procurement management, stock inventory, and warehousing management, assets and properties management and vehicle & transport management.
- Participate in all grant opening and ending meetings with the role of preparing and presenting Supply Chain plan including warehouse space, procurement plans, required equipment, disposals and reports.
- Implement capacity-building program to strengthen the capacity of Supply Chain staff in Borno and Yobe offices.
- Prepare monthly Supply Chain reports and send to Supply Chain Coordinator and Field Coordinator for review and feedback.
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain Coordinator conduct Supply Chain Assessment and act improvement plans prepared in response to resolve the gaps identified
- Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to Supply Chain matters and ensures compliance with legal requirements
- Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings in Borno State.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management.
- At least 5 years of work experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel to and work in remote and/or insecure environments
- Experience working with grants funded by donors including USAID, BPRM, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- At least 3 years international experience managing a large multi-site Supply Chain operation, preferably within an NGO setting.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
Specific Security Situation /Housing
- Maiduguri is security phase 4 (Red) so the Supply Chain Manager will be expected to respect the various security protocols in place in country.
- Phase 4 requires clear contingency planning in place with staff prepared should hibernation or evacuation be called.
- A government curfew exists and remains 10pm to 6am, meaning expatriate staff have to be at the hotel/guesthouse in Maiduguri no later than 8:00pm.
- There is one shared guesthouses in Maiduguri with similar accommodation available in the other field offices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th December, 2017.