International Rescue Committee Entry Level Recruitment
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Case Worker
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Reports to: The Child Protection Manager
Scope of Work
- The Case worker will conduct all steps of the case management process for a specified number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC and Children Associated with Armed Forces and Groups (CAAFAG) and their families in the process.
- To ensure that children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by documentation, assessment, care plan, direct service provision, referral and follow up for an assigned number of children.
- To provide support to families (particularly foster and alternative care givers) in the process.
- To liaise with other case workers and social workers on management of caseload and referrals
- Provide individual case management for children in communities to be specified in relation to all case management steps, tools and procedures.
- Provide support for families, foster and alternative care systems.
- Ensure regular communication with the CP/CM manager for updates on achievements and challenges
Grant Monitoring and Reporting:
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports. .
Coordination & Representation:
- Effectively communicate with other caseworkers, government social workers and service providers as part of providing individual case management.
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management.
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors staff (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) at field level.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required and in Hausa preferred
- A minimum qualification of Technical diploma or degree in Social Sciences and Humanities.
- At least 1 year experience in implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- This Position is located in Yobe, the situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Crèche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter addressed to the “Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Subject of the Application should read: “Child Protection Case Worker, Yobe”.
Hand delivered application should be sent to the IRC Office inYobe.
Application Deadline 26th October, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.