International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy for a Senior Finance Officer
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto, Damboa, Dikwa and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Senior Finance Officer to be based in its Maiduguri Office
Job Title: SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
Location: MAIDUGURI(Nigerian nationals only)
Senior Finance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on one or more programs/grants, including the processing of transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis. Senior Finance Officer reports directly to Finance Manager.
- Preparation of monthly pipeline updates and analysis
- Ensure grant filing, management and administration of sub awards
- Prepare and update monthly AR/AP and prepayment analysis and ensure necessary follow up action is taken to clear any outstanding items.
- Assist program staff with day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures
- Ensure required preapprovals are secured in advance of incurring an expense.
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments
- Prepare ad hoc logistics and financial reporting to aid in tracking and reconciliation of transactions
- Maintain accurate financial transactions and grant/contract records
- Assist program staff and finance department in meeting donor/client and internal reporting requirements
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for submission to donor on or before the deadlines
- Prepare Cash request projection to HQ/country office.
- Ensure timely deductions and remittance of relevant statutory payments.
- Research on financial compliance topics.
- Maintain frequent communication with Program Staff, and Field office Finance to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated clearly.
- Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs is within budgeted targets.
- Attend coordination meetings upon need.
- Respond promptly to internal audit’s queries.
- Interface with service providers on service delivery, invoicing and processing of payments
**QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Accounting , Finance, or Business Administration Degree or other relevant degree from an accredited university
- ICAN or any other professional certificate will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years cognate experience
- Experience using accounting packages
- Skills and competences in raising resources and achieving results in relief and development
- Ability to excise sound judgement and make decisions independently
- Team player with strong communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of international relief and development principles and humanitarian issues
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures and the mandate of donors, UN agencies and other NGOs
- Ability to network and cultivate strong relationships with government, donors and partners and other stakeholders
- Competency in the MsWord and internet
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.Deadline for submission is October 24 2017