International Institute of Tropical Agriculture recruitment for Field Workers, 23rd April, 2018
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We seek suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Job Title: Field Worker
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout field management operations such as regeneration, characterization of clonal crops, harvesting, insecticide application and data entry;
- Perform screen house activities to support successful conservation of germplasm;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- O’level certificate with minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar role.
- Have good understanding of computer, electronic data capturing tools.
- Ability to drive is considered as an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.