International Institute of Tropical Agriculture New Vacancy
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Systems Analyst
Location: Ibadan, Oyo.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Oversee testing: unit, integration and user acceptance testing, including use cases and test data
- Research production system issues and resolve user problems
- Perform application and process-specific training activities to educate technical and non-technical users of the solutions
- Document system configurations and system application test protocol and create system guidelines and manuals for the organization.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer. Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Collaborate (in close consultation with software team of IT Unit) with all business departments to review identified needs of the business functions with the goal of identifying what software solutions are appropriate to meet the needs.
- Lead the effort (in close consultation with software team of IT Unit) to gather, analyze and document requirements for new projects and enhancements to existing solutions. This should lead to appropriate description of program development, logic, coding, and corrections; including end user documentation to describe new software or enhanced functionality.
- In close collaboration with the Manager, Enterprise applications, support the hands-on configuration of Oracle EBS modules to meet the business requirements and design
- Lead the Change Request (CR) process to ensure that business system changes are working properly, existing processes remain unaffected and the needs of the users are met. This includes the effort that reviews, analyzes, modifies, writes and/or executes thorough change request test plans and checklists
- M.Sc in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields with minimum of six (6) years’ experience performing similar or related role in structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Understand the software development life cycle and related processes.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Have strong problem-solving capacity.
- Have ability to learn new technology quickly, become the expert, solve the problem nd teach others.
- Have ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
- Have excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Have hands-on experience implementing Oracle EBS.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EBS version 12
- Be experienced with creating business process models and using them to describe business requirements.
- Be experienced with implementing and supporting enterprise software on-premise is required.
- Be experienced with Oracle Financials and Supply Chain, other modules are an advantage notably Oracle Grants Accounting and iExpense.
- Experienced reading and writing basic SQL queries to manipulate data in Oracle EBS.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 30th October, 2018.